lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-27-2017, 09:31 AM   #1
laverma
Not Yet Wild

Default Tomberlin, No 12v After Maintenance

Moving this to a new thread. I had a technician (in KC so no Tomberlin skills here) replace a corroded battery lead. After he left I had lost all 12v power. Still had 48v. So I checked the DC Converter and noticed the stripped red lead was disconnected. Problem is, there are a number of loose ends as I think the previous owner had done some work and left them. Wondering if I can get some help rewiring the Converter to the DC Changeover. I've attached a pic that describes what's loose. I assumed the loose red (2) would connect to the loose yellow 8 but it didn't work. Also curious on the changeover - between which posts should I have continuity? Got a spark when I tried connecting 2 to 8, but all fuses in the box as well as the in-line fuse in the Converter still have continuity.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring.JPG (77.6 KB, 0 views)
laverma is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-27-2017, 01:27 PM   #2
drandle
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Tomberlin, No 12v After Maintenance

Here's a wiring diagram in .pdf that I got from Columbia. It's hard to read but you can zoom in a little.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf VANISH 2012 WIRING DIAGRAM (3).pdf (75.2 KB, 0 views)
drandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 04:11 PM   #3
laverma
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the help. Should have mentioned a couple other things - it's a 2010 Emerge and I know it's an aftermarket Converter. So as much as anything else I need to understand how the Changeover works. I have to imagine it was only one wire that got pulled loose (I actually turned it on when he was finishing up so I know it had power). Assume a couple of the wires have to come from the ignition to complete a circuit. Also the converter negative is hooked up to the 48v battery so the Red must be supplying the 12v as those are really the only wires that were hooked up.
Old 09-30-2017, 11:20 AM   #4
laverma
Not Yet Wild

Finally solved this. Made a couple bad assumptions: 1) that he only accidentally pulled one wire loose and 2) there was no ignition wire going directly to the aftermarket converter. He pulled 2 loose and the wire to the converter pulled back into the collar so I couldn't see it. It didn't make sense without one so I went digging. Although I don't know if this is the standard/delivered way, all is now running. Attached is the wiring diagram for future reference for anyone else.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring.JPG (76.9 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin