lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2017, 10:11 PM   #1
carguy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile 7 batteries - 42 volt?

Hi all,
Got a neighbor with a golf cart with 7 batteries. I am assuming it is a 36 volt cart with 7 - 6 volt batteries?

Cart is acting weird, will go back OK, but not forward - sometimes. Batteries are 5 years old, so it's 'prolly time for new batteries

Sorry I don't know what brand it is - any ideas? Did EZGO have a 7 battery option?

I'm supposed to go look at it in a few days, just trying to get some info as to what I'm up against here.

Thanks, Dave
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2017, 10:14 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 7 batteries - 42 volt?

Western was available as a 42v system from the factory. And 42v is a fairly common upgrade on Ezgo Txt.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 09:58 AM   #3
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Western was available as a 42v system from the factory. And 42v is a fairly common upgrade on Ezgo Txt.
What controller was used in this Western? I've been trying to find out but haven't had much luck.

Though the MX stock PDS controls, per Curtis, they do have an overvoltage cutback of ~20% over rated pack voltage (~43V). So I would think a fully charged 42V pack would be over this threshold resulting in sluggish or no movement while in this state.
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 10:30 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I believe they used 48v controls.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 10:44 PM   #5
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

I have a western 42 volt. The thing is my fastest cart at 22mph cruising. I would be happy to take a peak at my controller tomorrow and see what is in it. I haven't done any upgrades to it.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 11:03 PM   #6
carguy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf cart man View Post
I have a western 42 volt. The thing is my fastest cart at 22mph cruising. I would be happy to take a peak at my controller tomorrow and see what is in it. I haven't done any upgrades to it.
Thanks for the offer. Neighbor bought new batteries -problem solved
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 09:08 PM   #7
galante 1
Not Yet Wild

if western carts were built mainly on ezgo chassis, did they configure the electric components differently because of the bodies.? western carts are such a mystery.
who really knows a lot about them?
galante 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 10:32 AM   #8
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by galante 1 View Post
if western carts were built mainly on ezgo chassis, did they configure the electric components differently because of the bodies.? western carts are such a mystery.
who really knows a lot about them?
They did not configure the electronic components differently. The bodies were built to fit on the ezgo chassis whether it was an ezgo marathon, a txt, or some more recent ones on the RXV chassis. They sometimes beefed up motors or controllers as options but they are not reconfigured electronically. They added a 7th battery if it was a 42v version and wired it in and the charger was then 42 volts. The rest is all cosmetic changes and that's really where the problem lies. Most cosmetic things you cannot get anymore so drive carefully unless you have a spare parts cart. The fact they they used ezgo makes them easy to work on. Batteries can be a little tight so sometimes some have to be removed but I own several and I love them.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts