lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-18-2017, 10:57 PM   #1
Modmike
Not Yet Wild

Default Tomberlin Anvil

Is Tomberlin still in business? I read about the par car deal but there doesn’t seem to be any definitive news.

Also what ever happened to the Anvil? Love the design but was it any good and can it still be purchased? Couldn’t find it on their site.

Modmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-19-2017, 10:41 AM   #2
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Default Re: Tomberlin Anvil

Tomberlin is indeed still in business! Columbia and Tomberlin are basically sister companies under the umbrella of the Columbia Vehicle Group, Inc.

The anvil is definitely a cool looking vehicle. It is not being manufactured anymore (at this time), but I do see them on forums and ebay occasionally. From my perspective, the design is very close to a conventional auto and did I mention the look is cool?

Since Columbia/Tomberlin joined forces, the flood gates seemingly reopened back to the Tomberlin parts sources overseas as well, meaning parts are flowing freely again too.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 01:02 PM   #3
Modmike
Not Yet Wild

I love the Anvil look and functionality. I was considering a NEV (basically a street legal golf cart) to use when we travel in our motorhome, it would save me towing a car most of the time.

I am concerned about buying a used one and those that I see are expensive. Is there any similar body kit I can put on a club car?
Modmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 11:03 PM   #4
INWO
Getting Wild
Tomberlin

Any Anvil owners out there looking for help? These cars can go over 40mph and handle like a dream.
INWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 09:42 PM   #5
grecoroman
Not Yet Wild

Hi INWO-

I am looking at purchasing an Anvil. Do you own one? Any good info on these? How did you get the speed at 40?

Any chance to switch this to a LiOn setup?

Thanks!
grecoroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 11:28 AM   #6
teddygraham
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by INWO View Post
Any Anvil owners out there looking for help? These cars can go over 40mph and handle like a dream.
I need help -I have an Anvil with bad controller and dont know what to do.
teddygraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 11:30 AM   #7
teddygraham
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modmike View Post
Is Tomberlin still in business? I read about the par car deal but there doesn’t seem to be any definitive news.

Also what ever happened to the Anvil? Love the design but was it any good and can it still be purchased? Couldn’t find it on their site.

That is a picture of my anvil! lol -it now has a bad controller and cant get parts.
teddygraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 01:57 PM   #8
frankharold1945@sbcglobal
Not Yet Wild

I own a Tomberlin Anvil and i need help. would love to find someone that could help me to trouble shoot some problems. Would love to get away from the Kinetek controller for starters. Thanks Harold
frankharold1945@sbcglobal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 02:04 PM   #9
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by INWO View Post
yes i could use some help with my anvil? Throwing a code 1-6. Thanks fiber_lids
Old 07-14-2022, 02:06 PM   #10
Not Yet Wild

yes i could use some help. kinetek controller is throwing a code 1-6 ? thanks Fiberlids
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin