lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-27-2017, 10:40 AM   #1
bluwtr49
Not Yet Wild

Default Low Speed Torque Issue

Hi, new member here with an issue with my recently purchased Columbia.

Two week ago I picked up a very nice 2008 Columbia Street Pro that the VIN identifies as an Eagle SE with a 500 A controller (Alltrax I believe) that is intended to be used as a golf cart. However the first time out it would not pull the hills on our cart path without a running start and than just barely. The batteries are one year old Trojans.

I had a local service company come out and he did an annual checkup and also did a double discharge on the batteries. After that the performance improved markedly and I have been able to play two rounds and still have enough pep to get home. However, there is still a severe issue with low speed torque that I would love to resolve.

The initial solution suggestion is to update the cart to an AC drive system which he is investigating with Columbia to see if we can drop in a system from a later model year. However, before that I'm wondering if we can either reprogram the controller for more low end oomph or replace the controller with a Curtis or ??.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
bluwtr49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-27-2017, 03:30 PM   #2
bluwtr49
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Low Speed Torque Issue

Correrction to my post (can't seem to find an edit button) The controller is a Sevcon V2 500 02. There doesn't seem to be much info about them on line.

Thanks again for any assistance.
bluwtr49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 08:50 PM   #3
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Default Re: Low Speed Torque Issue

I forgot to mention, that if the current controller (yes, it's old but...) is still operating, there is a chance we could reprogram it for what you need.

And yes, and AC system "could" be retrofitted in there, but it would be more work and quite costly compared to a new one. I have seen ads for retrofit kits out there, I just have never actually seen one installed.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar