lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-13-2018, 09:50 AM   #1
swm63
Gone Wild

Default Quiq 8148 beeping

A friends 2006 ParCar with an onboard Quiq charger is beeping while connected. Helped him recently, all batts were low on water. Topped them off and all was fine. He ran the cart for a few days and connected/charged after use. All was fine but now it's beeping again with the charger connected. I plan on checking the water again to see if this charger is cooking the batteries. I have looked at the docs on the charger and see no reference to audible alarms only flashing lights. Can someone point me in the right direction? I only have external chargers and know nothing about the onboard Quiq chargers, other than everyone says they're junk.
swm63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-14-2018, 10:17 PM   #2
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Default Re: Quiq 8148 beeping

I have never seen or heard of a beeper on a QuiQ factory installed charger. I have heard the controller beep, the reverse alarm beep and the turn signal all beep, for instance if they get wet, but never the charger. Would be glad to check with the vendor if you can provide the charger serial number off the side tab. And Quiq isn't junk, sometimes they are just too smart and don't take variances well, which is why many prefer the old Lester off board charger with the transformer.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 12:37 PM   #3
swm63
Gone Wild

Default Re: Quiq 8148 beeping

TS, thanks. I plan on getting a better look at this cart over the coming weekend. First I'll nail down where the beeping is coming from...
Thanks.
swm63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar