lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2018, 05:45 PM   #1
JCS6N
Not Yet Wild

Default toro workman MDE intermittent drive

Hi I have a toro workman MDE 48v with intermittent drive issues have followed the workshop manuals trouble shooting and still have not clarified the problem. I i

when you turn the toro on the controller light turns on (no flashing for operational faults ) main contractor (solenoid) clicks but traction motor does not turn when accelerator is pressed

history

arrived not working at all replaced battery's with a new set of trojan t-105 not trojan t-145 as suggested in the workshop manual creating a lack of 280ah in total 35ah (is this a / my problem ?)( I don't order the parts )

new potentiometer as variable resistance was not always present in old one

cables to main controller and traction motor battery's ect.. clean and to correct toque

re soldered sonic weld on earth wires connecting accelerator potentiometer ect..as it had been damaged (is there any other sonic welds that break down that I might have missed ? )

any help of even ideas will be so gratefully accepted and sorry for the long read
JCS6N is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2018, 02:03 PM   #2
JCS6N
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: toro workman MDE intermittent drive

finally got round to looking at the the toro again and have found the controller some times doesn't power the accelerator on/off switch (no power from controller circuit good no breaks no bad earths)

the toro has a sevcon controller and struggling to get any info about them. would it be likely to have a fail safe in the controller ? im guessing I need to replace it ?

I have attached the workshop manual for any one interested wiring diagrams start page 113
intermittent voltaged (0v-5v) on controllers main block point No3
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 5a70ae8a42698.pdf (5.24 MB, 0 views)
JCS6N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 12:35 AM   #3
Ribfeast
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: toro workman MDE intermittent drive

How did you end up going with this? I have a Toro Workman MDE also, and information on the Sevcon Millipak controllers is scant. It's a 633T46301 model, Toro part number is 110-2569 but triple the price. FSIP and Radwell sell the units but I'm not sure if they have the Toro programming in them.

I've pulled apart the controller but it is full of potting compound and will be almost impossible to repair. In my situation it's not powering the contactor.
Ribfeast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical problem?, not a monster buggie yet, toro, workman
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts