lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-30-2018, 12:36 PM   #1
Scarter
Not Yet Wild

Default Another battery question.

So I picked up a used ezgo txt about a year ago.
I replaced two of the batteries to see if it would run
Well you know how it goes, a year later and I知 getting around to replacing the other four.
The original batteries were about 5 years old and seemed to work well,
No issues with holding charge.
So my question is how much damage did I do to those two new batteries and should I replace them?
I know the easy answer is yes, go ahead and replace them. But it seems like a waste for 10 month old batteries.
Scarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2018, 02:18 PM   #2
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: Another battery question.

every time you charged the cart from the day you put the new batteries they were cooking away while waiting for the old ones to catch up . Basically the new batteries are now equal to the old ones. you could replace the older 4 with new but they in return will be the ones cooking while waiting for the other to to be done and the cycle never ends . Best to buy your batteries in complete packs then piecing them together. What you should have done was replace the two bad ones 10 months ago with used batteries around the same year/use .
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 02:29 PM   #3
Scarter
Not Yet Wild

Yeah, I should have bought them all together. But I didn’t know what I didn’t know. Never owned anything that used batteries except my tractor and my truck.

So how much life expectancy do I lose from the pack if I run it with the two batteries from 2017? Do i lose a year, two years?
Old 03-30-2018, 06:36 PM   #4
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

it hard to tell , I certainly wouldnt put 4 new ones in at this point I would run til it dont run anymore , then replace all .
Old 03-31-2018, 08:14 AM   #5
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

At some point you have to pull the trigger and buy a complete set of batteries.

Do it now and be done with it and enjoy a carefree life cycle of a set of batteries.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 05:50 PM   #6
Scarter
Not Yet Wild

Well I’m hard headed, I have an innate ability to mess things up until I learn the hard way.
So I’m gonna ride this pack out and see what happens. The four new are already installed and it’s running well so we shall see.
Old 04-01-2018, 11:08 AM   #7
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarter View Post
Well I知 hard headed, I have an innate ability to mess things up until I learn the hard way.
So I知 gonna ride this pack out and see what happens. The four new are already installed and it痴 running well so we shall see.

I see it everyday, its human nature. I have a saying " do it right, cry once"
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 11:21 AM   #8
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarter View Post
Well I知 hard headed, I have an innate ability to mess things up until I learn the hard way.
So I知 gonna ride this pack out and see what happens. The four new are already installed and it痴 running well so we shall see.
Run it to it doesnt run no more then replace all. hope you get a few years out of the four before things start to drop off.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts