lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-19-2009, 12:18 AM   #11
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Re-powering the Carryall

it looks like he's about got her!
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-19-2009, 10:25 AM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

pulled off the muffler and the gas tank ..... I saw here how someone had fitted a stock exhaust and muffler onto one of these clones. ( sorry I can remember who) So that is what I will do. It's not abolt up.... Just a little refitting...and I'm going with a small electric fuel pump and the stock tank.....I will have some pics at the end of the day
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:21 AM   #13
Boris
DELETED

Scotty, I tried to find out some specifics on this motor so I wouldn't have to fabricate a bracket to install the starter-generator set-up on my non-electric start Honda 13(same engine) and all the salesman was able to tell me was that this engine is designed to repower the home generator set-up utilizing the gererator as a charger and that there wasn't an actual charging system. From other people that were somewhat familiar with the engine they said they believe the thing has either a 3 or a 10 amp charging system ... WTF .... having all of the paperwork at your disposal....... Can you tell me (for sure) what the answer to that issue is? ........ Thanks man

BTW: If anyone is close to a Harbor Freight, I just got a flier through the mail saying they were discontinuing their 13hp engines ITEM 66525-0VGA for $359. and Calif is where most of them are (at this time) The only difference between this one and the newer model seems to be a smaller gas-tank on the new ones. That and the $379. price-tag
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:46 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The Cal. engines also meet the stricter Cal. cleam air or smog requirements here... $300 plus sales tax (for CA res.) Free delivery. $344 total? Close. I will investigate the specs for the charging info you are after.
The papers that came with it say nothing....I remember it advertised as 10amp charging but, mine came with a starter. I think they may offer different systems depending on whether or not you have a starter. Your's may be a 3 amp?
Old 04-19-2009, 08:49 PM   #15
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

did we get a test fire in today???
Old 04-19-2009, 10:01 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

We did...... THE 290 STOCK MUFFLER LEFT IT KINDA LOUD?
But the exhaust needs more work and the throttle needs to be designed and fabbed. The fuel delivery system needs to be purchased and installed....the wiring needs to be commpleted. And then I can drop her on the ground and see how she runs out .... The 44 1/8 belt is a little long 43 would have been better.
On the bright side bh came over and we did get it to start and stop on the cheap ignition switch installed in the dash as stock.

Well all in all I think I was pretty optimistic in my estimation of how long this would take me.... But the fun is in the build
Old 04-20-2009, 08:53 PM   #17
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

well did you stay at it today or move on to chores
Old 04-20-2009, 09:10 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I am like a pitbull on a project.... but most the day was spent fabbing up a throttle and Reworking the exhaust..... THis $hit ain't for quitters
Tomorrow will be fuel delivery and reinstall tank etc. and finally a test Drive if all goes well
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1537.jpg (73.7 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1530.jpg (51.9 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1532.jpg (75.9 KB, 46 views)
Old 04-20-2009, 09:17 PM   #19
Riorat
supervision required

Club Car

Looking good Scotty Looking forward to hearing about your test run, especially the charging results.
Riorat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:18 PM   #20
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

that will work, theres always a bunch of little things when swappin
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car