lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-31-2018, 01:26 PM   #1
jsfrederick2011
Not Yet Wild

Default Cloning Curtis Controller

Hey people. I have a few go karts powered by curtis 1234 ac controllers. All of the controllers are the exact same model.however they have slightly different programming on them. For example the controllers with the os 12 when they are at the lowest speed / pit speed they blink the brake led. The ones with OS 8 and 10 do not have that feature. What I would like to know is can I clone the entire controller with the OS 12 and transplant that clone to the one with the older os. I have the PC programming station at the OEM level. Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.
jsfrederick2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-31-2018, 02:59 PM   #2
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Default Re: Cloning Curtis Controller

It's a good bit more in depth than just using Curtis' Programming tool. The VCL needs to be copied. Typically software updates should be available from the OEM of the vehicle in the form of an standalone exe 'distribution file' This will update the VCL (and typically the OS version) in addition to the associated settings you may see in a handset or PC tool.
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 04:18 PM   #3
jsfrederick2011
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjroman20 View Post
It's a good bit more in depth than just using Curtis' Programming tool. The VCL needs to be copied. Typically software updates should be available from the OEM of the vehicle in the form of an standalone exe 'distribution file' This will update the VCL (and typically the OS version) in addition to the associated settings you may see in a handset or PC tool.
Thank you for your response. So in other words there is no way of cloning the OS and VCL. I have been in a battle trying to get that information which is why I came here to see if there was any way around it.
jsfrederick2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 08:06 AM   #4
mjroman20
Gone Wild

You could try FSIP. They have the ability to do this for a programming fee I believe. Only thing is depending on how sophisticated the VCL is may prevent cloning. There are ways to tie it to the controller SN. I've had a situation like this and any control the VCL was cloned into just said "Nice Try" on the display when powered on. The programmer had a bit of a sense of humor on that one.
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts