lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2019, 05:34 PM   #31
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Yamaha G2 governor bypass. Sluggish CART!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Dandy View Post
Well, I did the conversion! It worked perfectly and started right up. Only issue is that it did NOT solve my problem. My cart still runs like horse #$%^ on incline. I looked real hard again at the carb and noticed that it says, "Mokuni" and not Mikuni. Which is the correct OEM carb? The mechanic I picked this up from did tell me that he replaced the carb with an OEM.... Hmmmmmm. I wonder if this could actually be my problem!?!
Absolutely it will do that!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mokini carbs are the chinese fake carb. It should say "Mikuni" on the side. That is a $20 ebay carb not an OEM. Do you (or he) still have the OEM carb that he removed?
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2019, 09:06 PM   #32
Jim Dandy
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Figures! I do not have the original carb. I ordered one from Partzilla, $247 F-it! Im so sick of this thing and at this point I need the cart working! It's a tool around here not a pleasure cruise. Anyway, I'll hopefully get that in the next week and go from there.... I'll post back. Thanks again for the support.
Jim Dandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 09:43 PM   #33
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Dude... check your pm. Call partzilla and cancel the order. I have a spare mikuni carb. I'll ship it to you, you bolt it on and see if it works. If not, send it back. If it does, we can work out a very cheap price for ya.
Old 05-22-2019, 10:56 PM   #34
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Dude... check your pm. Call partzilla and cancel the order. I have a spare mikuni carb. I'll ship it to you, you bolt it on and see if it works. If not, send it back. If it does, we can work out a very cheap price for ya.
Wow!

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 09:18 AM   #35
Jim Dandy
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

CP241, You are the man!! done deal. I cancelled the order and left you my address, check your PM.

Thank you!
Old 05-23-2019, 12:58 PM   #36
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

It's on the way :)

Just to note, be VERY careful unbolting the old carb and bolting on the new (old) one. The plastic spacer the carb bolts to breaks incredibly easily. I've broken several. Snug is good, no need to torque the bolts down!
Old 05-30-2019, 10:32 PM   #37
Jim Dandy
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

CP241, Thank you so much for helping to solve this mystery with my cart that I've endured through three different professional mechanics before I found this site and began the arduous journey to find a fix for my cart myself! Of course I couldn't have done it without you and this wonderful site! Alas, the final issue was indeed the carb! that no good cheap Chinese garbage MOKUNI was worthless.

I got the OEM carb you sent me and put it in my cart today and it immediately started up after the bowl filled with gas. I headed straight for the steep hill I haven't been able to make for several years and climbed it all the way to the top with zero hiccups and no stalling or sputtering at all whatsoever. I then drove it back down to the house and loaded up my wife and two kids and we not only drove that hill on our property but we also drove it down the street to an even steeper hill. No sputters, no lagging, no back firing! She just kept on steady making it to the top. This has been a long on going issue that just seemed like I'd never figure out. Anyway, I could go on and on but just want to say thanks for sticking it out with me. I'll Pay Pal you for the carb tomorrow morning! Thank you, thank you, **$%^&( thank you!!!

CP241 is the man!
Old 05-31-2019, 08:22 AM   #38
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Glad I could help, and even more glad you got it fixed!

Another victim on a cheap china-carb. I don't think I have yet to find someone that had one work...
Old 05-31-2019, 11:28 AM   #39
mikkeeh
Not Yet Wild

Have you ever checked compression on this cart?
mikkeeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 12:36 PM   #40
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikkeeh View Post
Have you ever checked compression on this cart?
First post, 150psi. Not stellar but not bad either. Once it runs like it should for a while I wouldn't be surprised if that comes up.

The only reason this was a difficult as it was, chasing circles, was because he was told the carb was replaced with an OEM one, so we assumed it was an OEM carb. Hopefully, he didn't pay OEM price for the carb from whatever mechanic told him it was an OEM carb...........

Tags
bad spark, fuel starved, governor bypass, ignitor bad, sluggish yamaha g2
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha