lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2019, 10:11 AM   #1
baydoe
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Looking at buying a 2010 tomberland emerge 500 LE

I Just came across the cart for sale. Brand new US batteries just put in. Looks to be in really good shape. But never heard of tomberland until I saw this cart. Asking price is $4,250 from a dealer. Would like your thoughts on the carts in general, as well as price. Thanks! I'll attach the link to the ad.

photo's attached

-Travis.
baydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2019, 11:48 AM   #2
Rooster59
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Looking at buying a 2010 tomberland emerge 500 LE

It's a Tomberlin.

Take a look at the other threads in this section for more insight.
Rooster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 01:47 PM   #3
baydoe
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster59 View Post
It's a Tomberlin.

Take a look at the other threads in this section for more insight.
Well most people will post in a thread when they have issues.... not may go out of there way to post about how great there things are. They just enjoy them. have to take things with a grain of salt posted on the internet. Do u have any experience with tomberland?
Old 05-22-2019, 04:50 PM   #4
RFH II
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

I have a 10 Tomberlin with 6800 miles and I enjoy the heck out of the cart. I only had one issue that occurred after the cart was wrecked. I drive it everyday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 280.jpg (172.7 KB, 0 views)
RFH II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 04:56 PM   #5
baydoe
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFH II View Post
I have a 10 Tomberlin with 6800 miles and I enjoy the heck out of the cart. I only had one issue that occurred after the cart was wrecked. I drive it everyday.
how do u feel about a 2010 with 1500 miles for $4250? what do u think would be a fair price?
Old 05-22-2019, 08:09 PM   #6
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have a friend with one and she loves it to death and drives the heck out of it daily. It's got a lot of cool bells and whistles, great range, speed braking.

The problems started when it started having wear related issues with the brakes and a leaking axle seal and was quoted a ridiculous amount to repair it as "the parts are hard to get"... I looked into it and found repair parts are indeed difficult to find and aftermarket parts and accessories seem nearly nonexistent compared to the big 3 cart manufacturers. I would call a David Hicks at Revolution carts to verify what I saw before buying one.

Additionally the Tomberlin dealership closed last year in The Villages in Florida and ParCar is reluctantly servicing the Tomberlins... The Villages has an estimated 55,000 golf carts in one community! It would concern me if a cart manufacturer can't keep a dealership open there of all places...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 10:55 PM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Brake problems galore, with the brakes, and the parking brake system. Working on them sucks. We sold 2 of them new, they're "boomerangs" that were in all the time for similar issues on both.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 06:54 AM   #8
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Brake issues for sure. There are better brake parts now. Wheel cylinders where the main cause. Not really hard to work on, but many are intimidated by them and don't understand them. Parts can be a bear to get at times, but mostly the odd ball stuff.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 08:42 AM   #9
baydoe
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for you input everyone. I ended up finding a good deal on a 2015 club car and went for that. (it was cheaper then the tomberlin). after doing my fair share of research i decided it was in my best interest to get a cart that parts are readily available for.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rs=w_600,h_600.jpg (22.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-29-2019, 03:21 PM   #10
karly
Getting Wild

think knee jerk is if it isn,t ezgo or club car must be no good,,but take a look at all the bad parts and things that happen and neg,posts about both of those,, not sayin one is better than the other but just because someone writes a bad post doesn,t make it bad,, brother has 2009 , emerge with actual 11000 miles on odometer all he has done is put batt,s in it, very few people bother to write good things usually only bad,,just sayin
karly is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin