lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2019, 02:41 PM   #1
sschevel
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G2 carb / airbox and cables

Well the more I look at this cart, the carb itself looks just like a carb off a snowblower. It has a choke arm that is long turned upward then the outward turn has the arrow formed on it. Looks like the old tecumseh carbs. Of course the choke cable has no where to mount so it hangs there. On the throttle flap there is are no cables attached and it is just floating with some spring tension.

Of course no airbox (I continue to look around for one)

The cables for F/R are stuck and one of them is broken near the back of the trans. Of course I can not see under the muffler very well to see what is going on under there. I am tempted to pull the muffler just to get a handle on how that is supposed to work with throttle and F/R.......

I downloaded the "service" manual that someone here provided but the poor quality of the photos in the manual make it difficult to understand how the shift cables, and throttle cables are supposed to work.

It did run around the yard real quick (after the engine warmed up a bit and I could get the choke opened), I do not plan to drive it without some air filter on there.

Now I have to figure out getting the following items if anyone has any used unwanted please let me know;
key switch
Air box
F/R cables
Throttle cable (governor to carb)
Carb

I have already picked up;
set of 4 nice tires on rims
marine vinyl to cover seats
battery

Thanks for any and all suggestions............
Guy
sschevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-21-2019, 10:16 AM   #2
sschevel
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G2 carb / airbox and cables

I'll try to post photo of the carb.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 67262785_10217465721107947_4121044914630819840_n.jpg (205.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-22-2019, 08:37 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Wow, I don't know what carb that is, but it sure doesn't belong on that cart.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 05:10 PM   #4
sschevel
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Wow, I don't know what carb that is, but it sure doesn't belong on that cart.
Looks like a carb off a walk behind snowblower. I do not think Yamaha makes any though. It looks just like the old Tecumseh carbs. I think I might be best off with building some sort of air box to bolt on, fixing the forward reverse cables and just run it like this...........
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha