lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2019, 02:14 PM   #1
Teresa56
Not Yet Wild

Default Elecric Cart for rescue dogs towing

I run a nonprofit dog rescue and would love to pull a train with cars made from barrels like the photo in my profile picture I want it electric so I am not blowing fumes in the dog's faces. Also it needs to be able to go very slow so some dogs can walk and run along side of it. Distance is not a huge factor either, I would be happy if it could go 10 miles without a charge but plan on having an onboard portable generator for emergencies at all times. I live on a dirt road and the rescue is also on a dirt road, so is our neighborhood convenience store (which we would frequent).What kind of upgrades to a 48 volt 4 seater (or other suggested ones?) would be needed?Thank you.

I joined this group just for this. But because I am new and this is my first post, I cannot upload photos or links :/ I hope my profile picture shows so people can see what I am talking about?

Last edited by Teresa56; 09-16-2019 at 02:16 PM.. Reason: clarification
Teresa56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-16-2019, 05:16 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Elecric Cart for rescue dogs towing

Sounds like a noble cause indeed. Where are you going to be doing this? I hope the terrain is hard and flat. Don't make the mistake of putting big tires on this cart. Big tires are to the golf cart motor what size 15 shoes would be to you walking in the sand dunes.
See our community dogs on carts here > http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gener...ogs-carts.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cargo box 1.jpg (71.3 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 09:53 AM   #3
Teresa56
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Elecric Cart for rescue dogs towing

Oh thank you for letting me know that! I would have thought big tires was the way to go. Yes for most of the year it is dry and hard and flat. But during our rainy days it gets soggy and soft.
Teresa56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts