lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2019, 03:38 PM   #1
Shanelee78
Not Yet Wild

Default 95 g9 barely moves

My cart will barely move. It crawls in reverse and forward. Even if I choke it, it stays the same. What could it be?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Shanelee78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2019, 07:37 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 95 g9 barely moves

Doesn't sound like its actually running. But rather just the starter/generator turning the motor
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 07:47 PM   #3
Shanelee78
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Doesn't sound like its actually running. But rather just the starter/generator turning the motor
That is correct

Old 11-04-2019, 08:14 AM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

You'll need to check the basics:

1. Fuel - fresh new fuel, pull hose off the carb to see if it's pumping
2. Air - make sure air filter is not plugged up
3. Spark - pull a plug and check to see if you have blue/white spark
4. Compression - use a compression tester

If you have all 4 it should run. If your carb is gummed up it will need to be removed and cleaned really well.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 08:43 AM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanelee78 View Post
That is correct

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...no-airbox.html

Did you get an airbox for it or still running a K&N?

You're not going to get it to run well (if you can get it to run at all) with no airbox. These motors are real finicky about that. IF something as small and simple as the lid being "on" but leaking a little bit will cause it to bog like crazy and only run on half choke, you can only imagine what it's going to do with no airbox at all........

From experience here, my opinion, buy an airbox. Ask around on here maybe someone has a used one.

Or, yes, they're expensive, but you can get *most* of an airbox on ebay for $200 brand new. IT's not everything, there's a tube with a mushroom looking cap on it, and surge tank; neither are available anymore and getting VERY hard to find. but you're better off with most of the airbox than nothing at all.

Or if you're getting too deep into what you though might be a "cheap cart" but didn't realize all the little parts that were missing, and it's adding up much quicker than you thought, you might consider a vegas carts swap. Brand new motor ready to swap in, all bolt in ready. Again, it's pricey, but easy to install and will give you a brand new motor with no guess work. And chances are, you'd be able to make most of that cost back selling your OEM Yamaha motor, muffler, clutch, ignitor, etc. on ebay or the buy/sell section here.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 02:27 PM   #6
Shanelee78
Not Yet Wild

I got it running. Needed a new main battery cable to the solenoid. Old one was rusty on the post. It is runs good without an airbox. I do have part of the old airbox and have the rest coming from Ebay. I believe I am almost done...... hopefully.

Old 11-05-2019, 12:36 PM   #7
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I took the silencer off my box, that part by the generator. It fouled the plug, a NGK-BPR2ES even. I pulled the carb and hogged out the main jet a little with a torch tip cleaner a few times until it ran great. So yes you can run without airbox but you have to jet it. Now I don't really know if this helped performance, doubt I would bother with it again as it didn't change hardly enough to notice.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha