lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-29-2020, 10:11 PM   #1
jstanfi1
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Questions about quietech, EFI, and the UMAX engine

Currently, we have a 2016 Yamaha Adventurer 2+2 EFI cart. We're generally happy with it, and as soon as we bought it in 2016, I added a Plowman's kit along with the machined rear clutch plate and spring so improve the cart's ability to hold speed up the hills in our lake neighborhood. As always, Don is a genius and we wound up with a really great cart. As one would expect, the cart got noticeably noisier with the higher rpms and the opened up intake. It also does 30+ mph and pulls a couple thousand pounds around like it's not there, so I can't complain too much.

Friends have recently purchased a newer EFI fleet cart with Quietech, and WOW is that thing quiet. My wife is very jealous. We have a second cart that's an electric AC that the kids use. I've been tempted to upgrade a later model, but that raises several questions for me:

1) Is the quietech engine itself different, or is it just the baffles, insulation, muffler, and intake saving all the noise? If it's the latter, it seems like a few hours and a couple hundred bucks could largely "convert" my 2016 to the quieter setup.

2) If I purchase a new cart, is the benefit of the quietech largely eliminated with the K&N style air filter and/or clutch mods from plowman's?

3) And then there's the UMAX Rally 2+2, which looks like it would just be perfect for all our needs. But I can't confirm anywhere whether the UMAX engine uses the Quietech features, and haven't found any real reviews about how loud/powerful it is and whether it will need a clutch kit to hold 15-20 mph on the hill.

Didn't want to make 3 posts, so hopefully I still get some answers to all 3 questions!
jstanfi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2020, 12:56 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Questions about quietech, EFI, and the UMAX engine

It sounds like you know who to call & ask. Plowman knows the answer.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 07:35 PM   #3
igolf2much2
Not Yet Wild

I have a umax with a bad piston rod but can’t find parts for the 402 engine any ideas ?
igolf2much2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 12:21 PM   #4
SOUTHVIEW
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quiet tech is same motor. But has baffling and a lower sheild that really quiets the engine noise
SOUTHVIEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 12:37 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Original post is almost 4 years old so…. Might be better to start a new thread.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
efi, noise, plowman, quietech, umax
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha