lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2009, 05:57 PM   #1
clubcardick
Not Yet Wild

Default 04 Carryall runs poor w/ new jet.

So what did I do wrong this time? I soaked the carb last week, reassembled and it ran fine. Today I installed a new high performance carb jet. I bottomed it out then loosened it by 180. Then I put on a universal K&N. New fuel filters, and the fuel pump is strong. Now it takes about 20 seconds of pedal time to get it fired up and it runs a little sluggish. I definitely have to work the pedal to get it to rev up. I was hoping to install a tach and disconnect the governor this weekend but I want to get this right first. Please help.
clubcardick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2009, 07:40 PM   #2
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

Default Re: 04 Carryall runs poor w/ new jet.

what ws the size of the h p carb jet compared to your stock one?
the carb might be jetted wrong.
and what do you mean you loosened the jet 180??
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:46 PM   #3
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubcardick View Post
So what did I do wrong this time? I soaked the carb last week, reassembled and it ran fine. Today I installed a new high performance carb jet. I bottomed it out then loosened it by 180. Then I put on a universal K&N. New fuel filters, and the fuel pump is strong. Now it takes about 20 seconds of pedal time to get it fired up and it runs a little sluggish. I definitely have to work the pedal to get it to rev up. I was hoping to install a tach and disconnect the governor this weekend but I want to get this right first. Please help.
a main jet is to be seated and not backed off? 180*?
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:21 PM   #4
clubcardick
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Pizzamaker. I listened to bad advise, should have posted here first. My wife is a little irritated that I'm working on the cart all night but it'll be running good by morning. I'll let you know how it works out......with the cart and the wife.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:27 PM   #5
dock98
doin it in the desert

Yamaha

welcome to the forums.
dock98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:59 AM   #6
clubcardick
Not Yet Wild

OK, everything is running great. What an improvement! Governor is disconnected and the tach is working. So I'm out for another test run and it keeps wanting to stall at anything over 3800rpms. I know that I have the ground to the rev limiter disconnected so what could it be? Then it stalls and wont restart no matter what I do. Luckily I figured it out. Gas carts require gasoline to function properly. Who would have guessed? Anyway, I'm off to the gas station for some premium. Thanks for all your help.

By the way, I meant 180 degrees. In the past I've experienced different opinions of what a half turn means. Doesn't matter though, the jet is obviously supposed to be tight as Pizzamaker said. Don't take CC advise from anyone with an EZ-GO!!.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:05 PM   #7
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

glad to hear your cart is back on line.
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car