lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2020, 07:02 PM   #1
eddiemetron
Not Yet Wild

Default Ground Up Build - Where to Source Frame / Chassis

Hi all:

First post, so hopefully I don't violate any rules! I'm in a golf cart community in Central TX and super excited about the possibility of a new build. I've been reading a ton on motors, controllers, even Leaf battery packs, etc. I think I want to jump in head first and complete a ground up build. How do you guys source carts? I'm wondering if a golf course has a cart or something that doesn't work that they would be willing to unload?

TIA,

Eddie
eddiemetron is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2020, 10:55 PM   #2
DanRoss
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ground Up Build - Where to Source Frame / Chassis

Welcome from another new guy..

When I started looking for a cart I saw some on Letgo and a few other similar sites that were basically what you’re looking for.
DanRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 11:35 AM   #3
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Ground Up Build - Where to Source Frame / Chassis

I agree. If you're looking to do a complete ground up build first decide what kind of cart you want. I mainly do either ezgo (Steel frame) or club car (aluminum frame). Then check your local craigslist, letgo, offer up and even a local cart shop. Since you're doing a ground up build you should have a hard time finding a rolling chassis or a car that needs a full redo. Like I said sometimes even cart shops have rolling chassis for sale for cheap.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts