lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-2009, 11:35 AM   #1
kimmer71
Getting Wild

Club Car

Question Generator Starter - CW/CCW change?

Good day all! Newbie here.

I have 2 carts that I am working on. Both have FE290D engines. Apparently one engine rotates CW and the other CCW. The starter/Gen went bad on the CW model. I have a good CCW unit. Can the rotation of the starter/gen be changed/reversed?

I have been told that the bad unit may just need new brushes. I've compared the 2 on a bench with a multimeter and found the start circuit is open to ground on the bad unit but the good unit has continuity in this circuit. Any other tests I should perform on the bad unit?

Thanks in advance. Great forum!
kimmer71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-06-2009, 09:44 AM   #2
kimmer71
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Generator Starter - CW/CCW change?

I pulled the brushes from the problem generator and found that they were shot. I ordered replacements from Buggies Unlimited at $22 for a set.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:21 PM   #3
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Our site sponsors thank you very much for sharing that and wish you the best of luck..................
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:01 PM   #4
kimmer71
Getting Wild

Club Car

Seriously? I checked the site sponsors and BU wasn't one of them. I'm new to the forum and its difficult to guage thru text but your post almost seems sarcastic. Have I stepped over some line by mentioning the company or the price I paid for them? That's one of the benefits of a forum...free information.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:02 PM   #5
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Yes, I was being sarcastic, We have had so many people buy the "stuff" from them and come here and ask for help with it.
And yes this is a truely open forum where anything can be said without the risk of having posts, links or even whole threads locked or deleted unlike the above mentioned site.
Just for spits and giggles, go there and mention BGW.

It's all good Kimmer, Welcome to BGW!! (and said with sincerity)
Someone will chime in about the rotation change if it is possible, I've never tried it.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:28 PM   #6
kimmer71
Getting Wild

Club Car

Ah-ha. Now I understand. Apologies for stepping on toes already. Thanks for setting me straight Crash.

Of course it's poetic that I paid more for the darn parts from them. I checked after you called me on it.

Peace
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car