lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Zone NEV
Zone NEV Zone electric golf cars, EV and LSV

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-26-2009, 06:01 PM   #1
ZAX206
Not Yet Wild

Default Zone Spark NEV-48 EX cart???

A company called Drive Electric is selling this crap out of Tucson, AZ. They are selling them at the same price as the Federal Tax Credit. I am trying to make a decision on taking advantage of this credit or not but don't want to waste my money. Is the company and/or cart legit? The website is I am also considering the Bad Boy Buggy, Stealth and any other cart that qualifies. Obviously, I will have more tied up in those two, but I will use this cart primarily for hunting. If I got a regular cart, I would lift it and but a winch on it with tires. What do you all think?
ZAX206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-26-2009, 06:37 PM   #2
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default re: Zone Spark NEV-48 EX cart???

These are just like those cheap Chinese 4 wheelers. Look good, price is right, then when they break you cannot get parts...

I don't think a 48 volt cart qualifies for that much credit? It all depends on where you live (if there is also a state tax)

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 07:23 PM   #3
ZAX206
Not Yet Wild

According to the IRS site, it qualifies for $6,496.53, which is the price of the cart. Just can't find much out there about it or anyone else that has purchased one from this company. The only benefit to going that route is that I wouldn't have much in it if something went wrong a year or so from now. I would like to buy something from a local dealer, but I am limited here in Montgomery, AL. I wish EZGO had something out or Polaris had their new mid-size EV qualified. We do also have a local Stealth dealer, but overall there are not many dealers with qualifying carts.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:36 PM   #4
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Wait for next years credit and get either an EZGO or Club Car LSV.

This is what I see is going to happen - READ AND LEARN...

Most bigger dealers selling the imports will soon pick up a Factory LSV - if their dealerships qualify. NO ONE will be carriyng the carts that are available now once American Made units become available. The imports WILL drop off the face of the earth / plus current dealers will most likely NOT stock parts These CREDIT people will have spent good money on something that they can't give away or repair...

Unless you already have one on order and a deposit paid, I doubt if you will get delivery this year anyway.

I've heard that BadBoy will not meet all their orders, as parts to build are in short supply. There's HUGE numbers of orders that will have to be refunded...

This will get interesting in late December...

Another thing I have recently heard is that to get the credit, you sign a afidavit claiming street use. If you lift it and use offroad, you may get fined?

Just hear-say, but something to consider...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:50 PM   #5
mlj427
Gone Wild

It looks like a Star Car, Prestige Car, Sky Car, or Cruize Car. They are all the same China car with different names and some different parts (batteries etc.) most I've found on line in forums seem happy with them. So far? Let us know if it works.
Mike
mlj427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:54 PM   #6
Radicalgolfcarts
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

It all goes by the KWH on how much you get back. I know you can get a 48v Tomberlin cart for around $7k and the will get you $4,300. Tomberline E2-LE
Radicalgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:43 PM   #7
timjowers
Not Yet Wild

So, has anyone found out about this tax credit thing. Where's teh best deal?
timjowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:20 PM   #8
ZAX206
Not Yet Wild

I have spent a great deal of time looking into it. The best deal depends on what you are looking for. A lot of places are out of carts until January, or later. Some are promising to send the appropriate documents prior to December 31, which is the deadline to get the tax credit. However, I understand that the vehicle must be received by that time. To be honest, I don't know who to trust in regard to that situation. If your like me, I would only get one because of the tax credit and I would be very unhappy to spend $12,000 on a vehicle to be told when I did my taxes that I was not getting the $5,600 tax credit I thought I was getting. You can see which companies have qualifying vehicles at http://www.irs.gov/businesses/articl...214841,00.html
Old 12-12-2009, 05:02 PM   #9
natvtxn27
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post

Another thing I have recently heard is that to get the credit, you sign a afidavit claiming street use. If you lift it and use offroad, you may get fined?

Just hear-say, but something to consider...
There's no afidavit. You do however, have to register and insure it. Guess what? you willl have to do that next year with the "American made" carts as well. Fine you for lifting and driving off the road?????? Lifted vehicles drive on the road all the time. There's a lifted F150 in my driveway as I type this. Never once been fined for it being lifted.
natvtxn27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
federal tax credit
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Zone NEV