lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2010, 12:00 AM   #1
candy apple club car
Not Yet Wild

Default need help

I have a 1998 club car gasser and I have learned alot about my cart threw this site, thanks to everyone.

But I may ask a dumb ?? But need help I am reading about the wear buttons on the drive clutch.

? Mine seems to have not problems with clutch can you feel the wear buttons or do you have to take the clutch apart?

?? Are the easy to replace?

? Is the drive clutch the one one on the passenger side on the motor that opens and closes when given gas.

How do you check them?
candy apple club car is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-18-2010, 04:39 PM   #2
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Default Re: need help

the clutch on the axle has the VISABLEwer buttons. they are black, and diamond shape in the clutch. the buttons in the engine clutch are not visable. you have to pull the cluch off the cart and disassamble the clutch NOT RECCOMMENDED IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING! it might be easier in this case to pull t take it to a dealer or rep, and pay them to rebuild or put the buttons in. you have to compress the easy to brake aluimiunuim(i know i cant spell) remove the sanaprig, un compress the clutch and pull a part, and then find out there ok or trashed. thatmy recomendation. look around your clutch on the engine side, see ifyou have black dust its the buttons gone wild! this is a sighn of them wearing. also see if you can basicly squeeze the 2 sections together. if not shoot it with pb blaster and let it sit for a day or 2 and tke it for a ride to lube the guts. or even look at it and see if its gone wobber jober.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:58 PM   #3
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Attached Thumbnails
Old 01-18-2010, 04:58 PM   #4
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

sob it dindt work .... hang ion i will get the link again and blah ablah ablah
Old 01-18-2010, 05:01 PM   #5
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

look at post number 11. this is for the engine clutch. i get confeused my self on primary cddrmarvhttp://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-club-car/28136-2003-clutch-photos-needed-2.htmle. its easier to say engine, or axle clutch, plus its easier to understand!
Old 01-18-2010, 05:02 PM   #6
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

sob it did it again!
darn stupid 30 sec rule!
Old 01-18-2010, 05:02 PM   #7
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...-needed-2.html

try this!
Old 01-19-2010, 02:46 AM   #8
candy apple club car
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all the info, and looking at the picture, is number 22 the wear buttons, and last time I check, somebody mentioned about the dust, and at the end of the year not really much dust very little, should be could for one more season of camping, but am going to check into it. But is number 22 the wear button indicators to look for.
candy apple club car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:36 AM   #9
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

No... the clutch buttons are a part of the grouping in #10 (and they're located inside the clutch)
#22 are plastic caps to keep contaminates out of the threads, of the bolts, for the buttons.

See figure #17-4 on the second page, for the buttons!

Here... I give you your own pics!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Drive Clutch 1.jpg (123.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Drive Clutch 2.jpg (75.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Drive Clutch 3.jpg (81.1 KB, 5 views)
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:46 AM   #10
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckiguy View Post
the clutch on the axle has the VISABLEwer buttons. they are black, and diamond shape in the clutch. the buttons in the engine clutch are not visable. you have to pull the cluch off the cart and disassamble the clutch NOT RECCOMMENDED IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING! it might be easier in this case to pull t take it to a dealer or rep, and pay them to rebuild or put the buttons in. you have to compress the easy to brake aluimiunuim(i know i cant spell) remove the sanaprig, un compress the clutch and pull a part, and then find out there ok or trashed. thatmy recomendation. look around your clutch on the engine side, see ifyou have black dust its the buttons gone wild! this is a sighn of them wearing. also see if you can basicly squeeze the 2 sections together. if not shoot it with pb blaster and let it sit for a day or 2 and tke it for a ride to lube the guts. or even look at it and see if its gone wobber jober.
I couldn't agree more!!!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car