lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2010, 05:54 PM   #21
reganr
Getting Wild

Star

Default Re: Star Cart 22F - Street Legal in GA

Didn't notice the webbing on the guard, but the paint looked thin when handling the basket. No rust yet, but there were rust colored water drops on the accessories after I trailered it home in the rain. I was thinking i'll probebly get some good rust preveting spray paint and " undercoat" it one weekend. I had already planned to use spray can bed liner on the brush guard, as they scratch easily and it ads to the look. Any suggestions as the best products to use?
reganr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2010, 06:18 PM   #22
reganr
Getting Wild

Star

Joe,

Looks like we have mostly the same cart. It is my understanding that some carts are set up different due to state regulations. It looks as if your cart has side markers that mine does not. My wheels were optional, but the multifuntion guage (see pic) came standard with my cart. Also, my cart has a hand operated emergency brake; Whereas, yours looks to have the cart style pedal brake. Also, Louisiana LSV's need four wheel hydraullic brakes, where some states do not. These brakes are great for LA purchasers who bought factory lifted carts (like I did), but my dealer stated this will cause problems for standard height cart owners looking to install lift kits later on. I bought mine early, only paid $7500.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMGP0015.jpg (114.1 KB, 21 views)
reganr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:29 PM   #23
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoJoe View Post
Yep, I was surprised too at how cheap this was... but Geico knows it's an LSV. It states it clearly on the coverage card and documentation. Also, they are required to get it right for the State of GA to register it.
The only ones I heard that offered LSV insurance with PIP coverage were State Farm and Farmers. Geico, Progressive, etc. generally don't insure LSV's, only OFF Road Policies.
Just check to see that you don't have the "Off Road" policy and that you have PIP.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:35 PM   #24
78Southwind
Not Yet Wild
Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmcp View Post
The only ones I heard that offered LSV insurance with PIP coverage were State Farm and Farmers. Geico, Progressive, etc. generally don't insure LSV's, only OFF Road Policies.
Just check to see that you don't have the "Off Road" policy and that you have PIP.
What is PIP?
78Southwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:53 PM   #25
Pyldrvr
Not Yet Wild
Zone

I didn't even need to insure mine to get it registered and licensed. My insurance guy said he doesn't even think I need to insure it in Washington state, kinda like a moped...
/shrug
Pyldrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:11 PM   #26
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyldrvr View Post
I didn't even need to insure mine to get it registered and licensed. My insurance guy said he doesn't even think I need to insure it in Washington state, kinda like a moped...
/shrug
Py you are asking the sparky gods for it

DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:16 PM   #27
Pyldrvr
Not Yet Wild
Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOmsman View Post
Py you are asking the sparky gods for it
I guess I'll find out the first time I get pulled over
Pyldrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:19 PM   #28
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78Southwind View Post
What is PIP?
I think it is personal injury protection, required by some states.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:00 PM   #29
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
/shrug
I think your insurance guy is wrong.
As soon as you buy license plates for an LSV in WA state you must have a driver's license and insurance to operate the vehicle, including mopeds.
Here's the info: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=46.30.020
and here: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=46.61.725
Old 01-28-2010, 08:32 PM   #30
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
/shrug
Better find a new insurance guy. You have to have liability on anything driven on the public roads in WA state.
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay