lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2010, 04:53 PM   #1
jwnovaman
Not Yet Wild
Taylor-Dunn

Default 81 Taylor-Dunn 1248B burdon cart (flat bed)

Just wondering if anyone here has lifted one of these. I have made my first attempt. Flipped the front shackles over on the front leafs and made some blocks for the rear. Need a little more clearance for work. It is my portable shop at work. Its a gravel yard for a steel company and I also use it to check the fence line to see where the scrappers have cut through the fences to carry material off.
jwnovaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2010, 03:13 AM   #2
felicianp001
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 81 Taylor-Dunn 1248B burdon cart (flat bed)

Hello jwnovaman, I think I need some frame pics to look at.......I got a Taylor Dunn flatbed truck, I'm thinking lifting it would look great too......
felicianp001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:13 PM   #3
jackel440
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Well you have already flipped the front shackle so your set there.I know mine was already flipped when I got it do to the way it was set up.We have one at work that has the front shackle flipped also ,but then it has extened fenders and runs what looks to be a 21" tire according to the literature I have seen on the web.
I am going to remove the 1/4 elliptical springs on mine and then make new mounts So my flatbed then has full length springs in the rear.
If you do that you can then incorporate your lift in the new spring mounts.
Mine is a b2-54 and it has the heaviest suspension they make,So anything I can do to soften it up will help.I too use mine to haul my welder around the farm and take it to the campground.I am swapping to disc brakes.already have the stuff.Good luck and lets see some pics!
jackel440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 11:26 PM   #4
vanessambrito
Not Yet Wild

Hi Guys just purchased a 1248B but it has missing parts...wondering if you can help out with info and/or pics. I know for sure that I am missing the forward/reverse switch...and the male end of the charging plug.
vanessambrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 07:10 AM   #5
jethaulin
never finished

Club Car

this thread is over 7 years old and jackel hasnt been on since june of last year. you would be better off starting a new thread.
jethaulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts