lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2010, 01:29 AM   #11
mstrazz
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Mods have slowed cart

I did the torque spring swap with a large vice instead of a press, might be able to work something with large c clamps too if a press is not accessable.
mstrazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2010, 02:17 AM   #12
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstrazz View Post
I did the torque spring swap with a large vice instead of a press, might be able to work something with large c clamps too if a press is not accessable.
So are you going to tell us if removing the spring fixed your problem ??????????
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 06:28 AM   #13
Boones
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Not trying to steal a thread.. I was just looking into adding the power kit myself.. I have a stock Carryall II.. I was going to add both the 200rpm spring as well as the torque spring. From the way it sounds I shouldn't do that? I was hoping to gain some torque when riding in hign grass, etc.. I will eventually add a lift kit and tires and wheels.. Shounds like I should do all at one time or nothing. Hmm..
Boones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:59 AM   #14
mstrazz
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
So are you going to tell us if removing the spring fixed your problem ??????????
I added the spring on my application and it helped but my cart is lifted, I was simply trying to give the previous poster an option of using a vice instead of searching for a press if he didn't have access to one.
mstrazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:46 AM   #15
Hot Buggy
Not Yet Wild

swapping the torgue spring didnt help...........back to guessing again! never should have messed with the cart............too much bs for what 2-3 more mph? I must be a glutten for punishment.......thanks for the help and ideas!!!!!!!!!!
Hot Buggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 08:39 PM   #16
Lightninlarry
Gone Wild
Club Car

you dont need a press.. have your big fat buddy stand on it and dont be afraid of how the two of you look while you are trying to accomplish this !!!LMAO!!!
Lightninlarry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carb jetting??
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car