lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-05-2010, 11:08 PM   #1
mfooty
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default oil quantity

Can anyone tell me how much oil i should put in my 1984 club car engine - sounds remedial but i do not know for sure
thanks as always
mfooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-06-2010, 06:56 AM   #2
ZZTOP
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: oil quantity

Not sure about that one, but some one will be along--
ZZTOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:46 AM   #3
Pipsta
Getting Wild

Club Car

Google...it's a lifesaver.

Quote:
OIL NOTE, 4-Cycle: Be careful not to overfill the oil in a 4-cycle engine. Excess oil will find its way into the air filter housing, soaking the filter and, eventually, getting into the combustion chamber causing smoky and uneven running of the engine, even fouling out spark plugs. Oil is the absolute lifeblood of any gasoline engine. If it is low or dirty or too old (thick & black when you look at it on the dipstick) make arrangements to have it changed soon. I cannot stress this too much. Even if the damage is not severe enough to kill the engine, rest assured that no good comes from this condition. Change oil at least once a year, more often if you use the car a lot, especially in dusty areas. Check the oil level every time you put fresh gas in the tank. When you change the oil in your 1992 & up Club Car (1992 to present) plan on changing the spin-off oil fliter too. The engine takes 38 oz. of oil with a filter change (32 oz. without). The earlier 341cc engine (1984 thru 1991) did not use an oil filter and it took 40 oz. of oil.
I don't know if it's appropriate to include the link to the info that I found...

I'd confirm that this is the size engine you have
Pipsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:07 PM   #4
mfooty
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

as always - you guys here are the best!!!!!
mfooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car