lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2010, 11:43 AM   #1
knotso
Not Yet Wild

Default carb fuel problem?

High All. I'm about at my wits end here.(Great site by the way) New to the cart world and to this site. My problem is my 93 DS will run fine then just bogg down and surge. it has slight back fires and the smell of gas? wait for awhile it might or might not work again? i have noticed that the fuel line and filter has little or no fuel in in it or gaps like there's air in the line? Is that normal? Or should it be completely full? Ok here's what i've done... New fuel cap and vent,filter,fuel lines, new coil, voltage reg,solenoid....compression checks at 160? And there is spark when it acts up? I bought the cart knowing it was doing this....The guy took it 3 times to what he said was a pro at cart repair? spent several hundred and still couldn't fix it right. so i got a steal on it put a 7.5 all sport lift with 23in tires and wheels...The cart looks Bad @#$. Just need help to get it to run? Thank's up front for any advice. Help me with a fix please.. I'll dance at ur weding....lol.
knotso is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2010, 02:13 PM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: carb fuel problem?

Is the air in the line before or after the fuel pump?
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 02:22 PM   #3
knotso
Not Yet Wild

after the fuel pump..it has a clear line. the line before i'm not sure about? Thank's for the reply.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:53 PM   #4
knotso
Not Yet Wild

well after reading some post on here i went out a took out the fuel pick up blew through and it seemed fine. replaced hose from pick up to pump with new clamps. jumped on cart to drive out to the mail box and it would just surge then slight back fire surge and slight back fire. after doing this several times it back fired then took right off...it's not a loud back fire more like (poof). It ran good then when i let off of it to put in reverse to back in the garage same thing again surge then poof surge then poof.... the guy i got it from said the carb and fuel pump had already been worked on. but sounds like maybe i should do over myself? i don't know? Any advice out there.....Thank's.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:51 PM   #5
knotso
Not Yet Wild

just checked for spark again...and it's there just don't know if it's normal or not? looks week and yellowish...is that what it should look like?
Old 04-14-2010, 06:21 PM   #6
samsonone
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

if the cart shut's off after it get's hot it could be a carbon problem build up on the valve's club car had a problem with that, they had bad stem seal's the fix is simple if it still run's an shut's off pull the valve cover , spark plug put air to the cyl.to hold the valve's shut remove the valve spring replace stem seal. put it back together start in neutral put seat on gas pedal and let it run it will shut off then restart just let it do that until it keep's running without shutting off. how you know you have this problem is the car will run then shut off keep turning over pop or small poff and restart until it get's hot again. What is happening is the carbon build up is keeping the valve open so after you do the fix and it runs and shut's off enough time's it burn's the carbon off. This might not be your problem but worth looking into. Alot of people spent alot of money thinking it was a gas problem.
samsonone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:37 PM   #7
knotso
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply i'll try that!!!
Old 04-15-2010, 07:05 AM   #8
knotso
Not Yet Wild

Thank's again Samsonone for the advice. It sound's like that could very well be my problem? One thing i did notice is that the throtle isn't closing all the way? by that i mean that the screw with the spring is all the way in and it still wont touch? I tried to move the spring that pulls it closed to make it stiffer and it still won't come back to touch the idle screw..Could that be my problem or part of it? Should i take care of that problem before i pull the valve cover and replace the stem? Thank's for any and all the help!!!
Old 04-15-2010, 07:20 AM   #9
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Welcome to BGW Knotso, the throttle plate needs to close completely when off of the pedal.
Remove the throttle cable from the throttle arm, adjust the throttle stop screw out until the throttle plate is closed completely in the carb throat and then screw back in until it just touches it.
readjust the cable to it and try it.
Have you adjusted the valves?
See if you can get someone to drive while you watch the throttle on the carb to see if it is manually surging or you have an internal issue.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:44 PM   #10
knotso
Not Yet Wild

Hey Crash, thank's for the welcome and for the advice...No i havn't adjusted the valves..really don't know how to go about it? Never done it....Do you think that might be the problem? But i can snap my hand off the throttle peddle 2 or 3 times and the throttle plate will sometimes come back and touch the screw...With it being all the way in though...i will try what you suggested and let everyone know...I sure hope it work's!!! it's been over 2 week's tring to get this thing running right.....By-Gosh it looks good though....lol... Thank's Again.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car