lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2010, 02:59 PM   #1
genemo3
Not Yet Wild

Default Alumacar

I visited an Alumacar dealer today after seeing one of their ads and was favorably impressed with the Alumacar carts. The owner gave me a lot of information about the carts and one item that was very interesting to me was the programmable controller on the carts. He told me that he can program the cart to fit whatever use I want; from normal use with a top speed of 21 MPH to converting it to an LSV with a top speed of 25 MPH.

Has anybody had any experience with Alumacar carts, especially the ones equipped with an A/C motor? The dealer offered to let me use a cart for a few days and I think I'll take him up on it.
genemo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2010, 03:11 PM   #2
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Default Re: Alumacar

Looks like a re-badged Club Car Precedent to me..

Alumacar Website
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 03:54 PM   #3
roady89
nimda
Club Car

another knockoff.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:01 PM   #4
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC-John View Post
Looks like a re-badged Club Car Precedent to me..

Alumacar Website
Hey John, That would be a re-badged Chinese Club Car Precedent. LOL

Yeah what roady said.
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 01:43 PM   #5
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

with slight mods...aftermarket produts will fit on it. Only time will tell if it will last the test of time.
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 04:17 PM   #6
genemo3
Not Yet Wild

I'm certainly no authority on golf carts but I have been driving an Alumacar for two days now and in my opinion it is the best driving cart on the market. And I have had the opportunity to compare an Alumacar and a Club Car side by side for a great deal of time since my neighbor has a CC that is less than a year old. I can see no common thread between the carts other than an aluminum frame. And they certainly don't drive the same. The Alumacar drives much more closely to driving a car and is much faster. The salesman showed me how easy it is to program the Alumacar to whatever speed you want and I saw an easy 25 MPH. But he reprogrammed it to 20 MPH before I left the lot. Still, it accelerates very well right to the top speed and is a pleasure to drive, much more so than the CC which is nice but nothing special. Anyone interested in purchasing a new cart should drive one before making the final decision. I will have the cart until tomorrow so if there are any questions I can answer let me know.
genemo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 10:28 AM   #7
seth5018
Not Yet Wild

I have the opportunity to purchase a 2012 Alumacar golf cart and wonder if you ever pulled the trigger on the one you tested 10 years ago?
seth5018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts