lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2011, 12:21 PM   #1
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 1992 G 9 Solenoid Issues

I believe I have a bad solenoid? With the key off you can put the cart in forward or reverse and it will move slow? I stuck another solenoid on there and it quit? My question is could it be melting the solenoid together some how on the inside? This is the second solenoid the customer has bought. I checked the wiring and it is wired correct. Just wondering if the + charger wire is overheating the solenoid on charge cycle becasue it goes thru the solenoid first and then to the battery pack? ( That's the way the schematic shows it as well)

Thanks
rose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2011, 06:34 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: 1992 G 9 Solenoid Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose88 View Post
I believe I have a bad solenoid? With the key off you can put the cart in forward or reverse and it will move slow? I stuck another solenoid on there and it quit? My question is could it be melting the solenoid together some how on the inside? This is the second solenoid the customer has bought. I checked the wiring and it is wired correct. Just wondering if the + charger wire is overheating the solenoid on charge cycle becasue it goes thru the solenoid first and then to the battery pack? ( That's the way the schematic shows it as well)

Thanks
Interesting question. Don't take this wrong...Are you useing a 36 volt continous duty solenoid? Are you useing a white rodgers or an essex? Might try turning on the charger an read the charge voltage into the battery set, shouldn't be more then 44 volts, if more voltage then that I guess it is posible to "fry" and stick the contact's in the solenoid. Let us know what you find.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:02 PM   #3
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 1992 G 9 Solenoid Issues

Its a White Rogers Solenoid and I have not seen the customers charger but will check it out.
rose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha