lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2011, 01:48 PM   #1
Rhonda19
Not Yet Wild

Default Making it faster???

Hi...
I recently purchased myself a 2007 Yahama Electric Golf Cart... It's a 48V and there is something on the invoice called G22 ?

I purchased this to ride around my land, and help my father with his orchard. However, when my son " clocked " me it's only going 6 - 9 miles an hour. Is there anyway my son can make this cart go any faster?? My son says there is way, but this cart did not come with a diagram of the motor, so he doesn't have anything to look at...

Thanks
Rhonda19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2011, 06:01 AM   #2
trkbilder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Making it faster???

Did you but it at a dealer? If so, you can get them( for a price) to program it for more speed. If not, just hang out here and someone with more Yamaha knowledge will be along shortly.
trkbilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 07:04 AM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

welcome,.....you always need to start with the basics, batteries and cables.......it should go faster than 6 to 12 mph if everything is working as it should and batteries are good.....stock speed is 12 to 14 mph so i would test the batteries 1st......48 volt cart with six 8 volt batteries fully charged and good should each read 8.3 volts or better......than you need to load test them and check each cell with a hydrometer for specific gravity that should be 12.50 to 12.75 also need to make sure cables are good......if you got this from a dealer i would take it back and have them check it......what year is it? if batteries need water it has to be distilled water only to about 1/8 inch over plates.......most important when doing any work disconnect main pos and neg battery cables and if your son isn,t sure about an electric cart please don,t let him touch it as you can cause lots of damage to it................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:01 PM   #4
VCTech
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda19 View Post
Hi...
I recently purchased myself a 2007 Yahama Electric Golf Cart... It's a 48V and there is something on the invoice called G22 ?

I purchased this to ride around my land, and help my father with his orchard. However, when my son " clocked " me it's only going 6 - 9 miles an hour. Is there anyway my son can make this cart go any faster?? My son says there is way, but this cart did not come with a diagram of the motor, so he doesn't have anything to look at...

Thanks
We're currently developing an AC drive kit for the Yamahas. And coincidently, I got a 2007 model for our test car. When this kit is done, and ready for sale, I'll give you guys the heads up.
Oh yeah, it should easily hit 30mph on STOCK GEARS and STOCK TIRES. No need for 8:1 gears or 23" tires. AC drives eliminate all that.
VCTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:47 PM   #5
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda19 View Post
Hi...

Thanks
Yamaha introduced "The Drive/G29" in 2007 model year, if your's is a G22e, the serial number would start with JU2-xxxxx. Would be great to know what your's is, but here are some idea's. You have a few options. There is a 3 wire connector (off the end of the motor), unplug it from the wire harness and you will take away "regenitive brakeing and anti run away feature", this should speed up the car by just doing this. If yours is a G22 or G29, yes the controller can be reprogramed and maybe even a "ptv" upgrade (19mph max, but you must have headlight package to purchase it). Another option is a "high speed motor", but you will lose torque/hill climbing, and the low amperage rateing on the "Yamaha/Moric" controllers is a "iffy" situation. Good luck
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:35 PM   #6
El Poppi Diabolo
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Did you ever develop the AC drive kit for the Yamahas. I want one.
How do I go about getting it?
El Poppi Diabolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:32 PM   #7
VCTech
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Poppi Diabolo View Post
Did you ever develop the AC drive kit for the Yamahas. I want one.
How do I go about getting it?
Yes, it is for the 2007 and newer YDR-E.

If interested, you can contact Yamaha of La Quinta (760) 775 5000 and ask for Tom.
VCTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:14 AM   #8
El Poppi Diabolo
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Yes mine is a 2010. My dealer is telling me my serial numbers don't match up, so they can't get me a code???
Whats up with that?
El Poppi Diabolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:16 PM   #9
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

!!!!!!2007 was a crossover year, YDRE AND G-22 was available!!!! I was (and still am) working at a yamaha dealer in 2007. AS others have said, Check batteries first! you need a sound foundation before you can build a house. If you do indeed have a 2007 G-22, your in luck. Get a 400amp alltrax DCX controller for G-19, it will provide better acceleration, better hillclimbing, and unlock the full speed potential available that yamaha locked-up in that cart (roughly 21 Mph). There is one minor modification to one battery cable (cut a cable, crimp on a new end, move new end to new controller M- terminal) that is required to replace that crappy Moric controller that is not shown in the Alltrax G-19 kit you would need to order. Although, alltrax does not make a kit to replace a Moric G-22 controller, it is Very easily do-able. actually, the mods required for G-19 in the wiring harness are not needed on a G-22, so in a way, its easier than a G-19. If you get into this project and go this route, i will post pics for you and anyone who wants to see how.

VCTech, you got AC for YDRE, SWEET! What motor, what controller, Please say no to Kinetek (not user programmable, nice people but slow, they have our controller for almost a year now)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:02 AM   #10
hammertime
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

On a 2008 Yamaha drive how much does it cost to get the controller reprogrammed for top speed?
hammertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha