lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2011, 12:22 AM   #1
preem
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 1987 G2 value?

I just bought a "2001" golf cart. I finally found the serial # and checked year and model. looks like I bought a 1987 G2e. I paid $1200. I believe I was ripped off. Can someone tell me what the value of this cart is. I was told the batteries were installed new this passed July 2011.(They look new) It is a 36v. I have not driven it much but it seems to run fine. The cart looks to be in good shape. A little rust on the seat frame. (under seat). Thank you for any info on this cart. This is my first experience with a golf cart
preem is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2011, 10:45 PM   #2
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1987 G2 value?

Quote:
Originally Posted by preem View Post
I just bought a "2001" golf cart. I finally found the serial # and checked year and model. looks like I bought a 1987 G2e. I paid $1200. I believe I was ripped off. Can someone tell me what the value of this cart is. I was told the batteries were installed new this passed July 2011.(They look new) It is a 36v. I have not driven it much but it seems to run fine. The cart looks to be in good shape. A little rust on the seat frame. (under seat). Thank you for any info on this cart. This is my first experience with a golf cart
Are you insane ? You shelled out $1200 and THEN found out it was 24 years older than expected I'm sorry mate, but you got ripped a new one.
You might get your money back if you are inventive with the sales advertising but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:36 AM   #3
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Yes, you have been rectallyviolated!!
Same guy that said it was a 2001 tell you they were new batteries?
Check the date code stamped on top of the battery post to find age of batteries.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:52 AM   #4
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by invalidsession View Post
Are you insane ? You shelled out $1200 and THEN found out it was 24 years older than expected I'm sorry mate, but you got ripped a new one.
You might get your money back if you are inventive with the sales advertising but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Chris.
That's some really bad math there Chris. It's a 14 year differance.

Preem, like Crash said, check the date code on the batteries, if they are new they are worth about 1/2 your purchase price. G2's are good carts, with new batteries, it's not a completely bad deal.

Sorry to go against the grain here, but $600.00 for a G2 in good shape and $600.00 for new batteries may be a little on the high side, but not a rotten deal......
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:51 AM   #5
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Ess,, check your calculator, it may need batteries.
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:26 AM   #6
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifter View Post
Ess,, check your calculator, it may need batteries.
2001 - 1987 = 14

Where'd I go wrong?
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:41 PM   #7
preem
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks for the reply's. I am new to this cart thing and should have done more research before purchasing. Was trying to get my kids a way to and from the bus stop.
I did call the guy back. (he was selling it for an elderly lady) He said he would talk to the lady on Sunday. I hope she makes good and returns some of my money. But I doubt it.
The cart seems to run well. I took it the 2.5 miles to the front of our subdivision (dirt roads) and 2.5 miles back yesterday and it did good. This is where the bus stop is.

I will check for the dates on the batteries. I looked yesterday but did not see any codes on the terms.

Thanks again for the reply's. I am learning allot on this forum
preem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:09 PM   #8
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Welcome Preem, Good group of guys and gals here!!
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:43 PM   #9
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Preem, Welcome to the forum, hope you have fun with your new car and get help if needed. At times we all make purchases we wish we would'nt have or questioned, but that's life. If your happy with the car and the batteries are ligit, wasn't that bad of deal in my humble opinion. I will add, that because the car is a "copper contact/resitor coil" accelerator system, drive it "pedal to the metal" as much as possible, that way your not putting extreme loads on the system. Lets see some pictures
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:29 PM   #10
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
2001 - 1987 = 14

Where'd I go wrong?
I gadgeated from the sped riddin coarse, I tout I taw a puddy tat,,,sorry Ess.
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha