lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-24-2012, 01:19 PM   #1
purplewg
Gone Wild

Default Decoder sheet just confuses me.

I keep looking at all the decoders and nothing makes sense to me but then again it's me. lol

The numbers don't seem to match on the charts with what I see on the cart.

Model 19E

ID JU2004310

What I thought was the serial number JR1F4236-50

Anyone?
purplewg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-24-2012, 03:16 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Decoder sheet just confuses me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplewg View Post
I keep looking at all the decoders and nothing makes sense to me but then again it's me. lol

The numbers don't seem to match on the charts with what I see on the cart.

Model 19E

ID JU2004310

What I thought was the serial number JR1F4236-50

Anyone?
The jr1-f4236-50 , didn't come up as a part, but probably is a label/sticker number. Your ju2-004310 is a 2003 G22-E.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:52 AM   #3
purplewg
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
The jr1-f4236-50 , didn't come up as a part, but probably is a label/sticker number. Your ju2-004310 is a 2003 G22-E.

That is kind of what I came up with also but the sticker says G19E. It is on the same sticker as the JR1 number. I found the JU2 number on the lip on the drivers side up under the little glove box area.

I did note the battery layout sticker shows three across with one offset to the back but the batteries are sitting all four across with no offset. Wonder if someone changed the body?

Thanks
Old 02-27-2012, 01:25 PM   #4
purplewg
Gone Wild

I just talked to a supplier and they said if it has YAMAHA on the front, most likely it is a G19. If it has A-Arm suspension it is a G19, if it is 41 inches outside to outside the front top support posts it is a G19.

Now, the problem is the S/N says it is a G22 2003, one factory sticker says it is a G19E and the little corner pad for a parking brake didn't start till 2003 when the G22 started. I think I may have a Johnny Cash cart. Like his song, It was a 59, 60, 61, 62 Cadillac. lol
Old 02-27-2012, 09:56 PM   #5
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
That is kind of what I came up with also but the sticker says G19E. It is on the same sticker as the JR1 number. I found the JU2 number on the lip on the drivers side up under the little glove box area.

I did note the battery layout sticker shows three across with one offset to the back but the batteries are sitting all four across with no offset. Wonder if someone changed the body?

Thanks
Changeing bodies happens all the time. You shoud have 6 8 volts all in a row to be a G22? Show us a picture of the batteries please.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:02 PM   #6
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
I just talked to a supplier and they said if it has YAMAHA on the front, most likely it is a G19. If it has A-Arm suspension it is a G19, if it is 41 inches outside to outside the front top support posts it is a G19.

Now, the problem is the S/N says it is a G22 2003, one factory sticker says it is a G19E and the little corner pad for a parking brake didn't start till 2003 when the G22 started. I think I may have a Johnny Cash cart. Like his song, It was a 59, 60, 61, 62 Cadillac. lol
Easy way to tell (other then the serial #) is, the G22 will have a "rack and pinion style steering system and will have a park brake lock on the upper left hand corner of the brake pedal.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:14 AM   #7
purplewg
Gone Wild

Quote:
Changeing bodies happens all the time. You shoud have 6 8 volts all in a row to be a G22? Show us a picture of the batteries please.
Yes, it has 6-8 volt batteries in a row.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:25 AM   #8
purplewg
Gone Wild

Quote:
Easy way to tell (other then the serial #) is, the G22 will have a "rack and pinion style steering system and will have a park brake lock on the upper left hand corner of the brake pedal.
Yes to both of these. Looks like I ordered the wrong lift kit. I ordered for a G19 since the guy told me it was a G19 and the one sticker says G19E.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:38 AM   #9
purplewg
Gone Wild

Here is a pic...

Old 02-28-2012, 10:31 AM   #10
purplewg
Gone Wild

I sent a bunch of pics of the outside and under the front end to the supplier I use and this is what they had to say.

Quote:
Well, you definitely have the G22 roof & suspension. Looks like whoever had your cart before made modifications. We see this ALL the time, especially with Yamahas since many of their parts are interchangeable. There is a Yamaha G14-G19 name plate, but G29 headlights & taillights. Good news is, you have a newer model than you thought..bad news, the lift kit sent won’t work.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha