lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #1
kmonty2
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007 Drive brake noise

I have a 2007 Yamaha Drive, electric with 4 12 volt batteries. When I drive down the street and then let off the gas, it makes a weird noise like gears are missing. But while driving at any speed, forward or reverse, it is smooth and quit. It only makes the noise when I let off the gas and also while pressing the brake. Not sure what to look at or for what.

I did jack up the rear tires and tried it with no load on the motor and it does not make any noise.

Any help would be great.
kmonty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-06-2012, 08:08 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: 2007 Drive brake noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmonty2 View Post
I have a 2007 Yamaha Drive, electric with 4 12 volt batteries. When I drive down the street and then let off the gas, it makes a weird noise like gears are missing. But while driving at any speed, forward or reverse, it is smooth and quit. It only makes the noise when I let off the gas and also while pressing the brake. Not sure what to look at or for what.

I did jack up the rear tires and tried it with no load on the motor and it does not make any noise.

Any help would be great.
Sounds like transaxle gears are bad Contact your local Yamaha dealer and see if they can get you an "out of warranty replacement help". Not saying they can, but worth a shot.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:54 PM   #3
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2007 Drive brake noise

i will say the 07 Drives had major issue with electronics and drivetrains. if you are not the orig owner, dont hope for help, cause you wont get it.

i would drain the rear oil and check for metal fragments. if you see lots of fragments, than you prob need to go into your rear or find a replacment.

You may want to check the torque of the axle nuts holding the hub on. i have seen them get little loose and cause rattles and other wierd noises.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha