lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-30-2012, 11:50 AM   #11
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Default Re: 2004 Columbia wont switch to fast mode

We now use a much larger on the summits. About 6 wide and 10 tall.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-11-2012, 12:08 AM   #12
Wayne Y
Not Yet Wild

Cart back together with crack tube welded. Installed speed encoder and tested. Still no change? Stuck in golf mode? Bought a 0 -5k ohm pot and wired it in to test. Seems to be about the same testing it on my lift off the ground with no linkage attached, half speed. Can you check to see what the controller was programmed for? Serial # 5FCLS36A251000808
Controller light is solid green with new batteries. Thanks for all your help!
Wayne Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:05 AM   #13
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Here's your original program. Another issue would be a 10K resistor that is in parallel with the encoder. It's a small plugged in socket that has heat shrink tubing over it. It's a standard 1/4 watt 10K resistor. If that opens, you get half speed also.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Original Program.pdf (17.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-11-2012, 10:44 PM   #14
Wayne Y
Not Yet Wild

Can you tell me where the location of the resistor would be on the summit? Do you have a schematic which would show the wiring for the encoder and resistor?
Old 12-12-2012, 04:19 PM   #15
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

It right near the controller. Correction on it though, it's 1/2 watt not 1/4 watt. Wiring attached.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:14 AM   #16
Wayne Y
Not Yet Wild

I didn't see one near the controller. Would it be inside the wiring harness? Or out in the open where you could see it.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:29 AM   #17
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

In the open. See photo attached, with the green and red wires.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.JPG (316.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-13-2012, 11:33 PM   #18
Wayne Y
Not Yet Wild

I have attached a picture of my cart and didn't find a resistor. Should I try to get a calibrator for the controller or what do you think? One other thing is when I had the cart on the lift and was trying out the throttle there seems to make no difference in the throttle after about half way. With the pot box and with the other pot just wired in trying it out by hand. Since the Summit has the speed encoder on the motor, was the resistor not used?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Columbia controller.jpg (116.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-14-2012, 09:35 AM   #19
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

I forgot you had an older unit. You might need to have a dealer scan it for you. They can real quick check with the handset to make sure the pot box goes smoothly 0-100%, and make sure you're getting a speed encoder signal.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:38 PM   #20
Wayne Y
Not Yet Wild

Ended up buying a Sevcon Calibrator to troubleshoot the Columbia Summit. Took 3 weeks from when I paid for it until I received it. You think for $250 it would come with some literture? When I plugged in the Calibrator it first showed 1.8.8.8? I cycled the tow/run switch and then it would display the Minutes/Seconds and a press to the - displayed the hours. Remember the cart would only do around 10 mph and the slow/fast switch had no change. Using the dealer setting, no password, the first number it the Calibrator showed 25 and pressed the Select button again then displayed 26 maybe in either the IMAX or PLUG - AMP setting (Not sure what those number mean). The Accel Sec was 1.4 The Max speed was set to 40 so I changed it to 100. The Cutback Speed 1 was set to 50 so I changed it to 60. X3 said ON & ROL. Test said 0. After I changed the Max and Cutback setting I tooked it for a quick spin and seemed to be alot faster then it died and had 7 flash code on the controller (low or high battery voltage), new batteries already installed. Cycled the tow/run switch and fault cleared and I parked it. I'm guessing since I spoke with the mechanic where I purchased the cart that didn't own a calibrator the setting were made before they purchased it from Columbia. After reading all that... Anybody have something to contribute I would appreciated!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar