lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2013, 09:07 PM   #1
cwpiszczek
Not Yet Wild

Default Stereo Installation

Tired of strapping my Milwaulkee construction radio to the back seat and wanting something permanent. After reading different threads I've ruled out putting in a CD head unit as I'll only use with my Iphone. That being said I've decided to go with an amp (thinking Kicker 40PXIBT50.2) with bluetooth capability powering two marine speakers. The plan is to mount the two 6.5 inch speakers (Infinity 612M) under the seat. The question I have is how to wire....I've seen people wire directly to a battery but not sure if that's the best way to do it.

Do I need to buy a voltage reducer (I have a 48V cart)? Will this allow the batteries to draw evenly? I already have off-road LEDs hooked to one battery but the draw is minimal. Should I consider adding another battery just for this system? If so are there any recommendations?

Your input will be greatly appreciated.
cwpiszczek is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2013, 12:50 PM   #2
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Default Re: Stereo Installation

What battery configuration do you have? Guessing 4 12v batts?

I would add a smaller 12v battery and put all your accessories on it. Than you can charge it with a regualr 12v charger is need be.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #3
firenfix
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I would go with the voltage reducer so your batteries drain and charge evenly, let them all grow old together
firenfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:16 PM   #4
cwpiszczek
Not Yet Wild

Apreciate the responses. Yes, it is a 4 x 12 configuration.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:24 PM   #5
cwpiszczek
Not Yet Wild

If I'm just running the above mentioned (2 x 6.5 speakers and small kicker amp), do I need anything bigger than a cheap ~$20 12v? It's an electric chart so would keep on a trickle charger at night.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha