lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-17-2013, 08:20 AM   #1
Pa20297
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default 1995 G14E Diode Question

I purchased a service manual for my cart, doesn't run only clicks (has new batteries 6-6V), as I went down the check list all checks out till step 3 Diodes, no continuity through either A or B, bought new ones when i check them right out the box no continuity, used second meter to be sure? still nothing, am I doing something wrong? is there another way to check? - Pete

PS, I skipped this step and check other issues, found that the throttle sensor was toast as well so I got a new one, but cart still doesn't run
Pa20297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-17-2013, 08:46 AM   #2
dewzer
Getting Wild

Default Re: 1995 G14E Diode Question

Here is a video, Hope it helps.
dewzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:45 AM   #3
Pa20297
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Dewzer - Huge help, My diodes are different than in the video, but shouldn't matter, my issue is (going by the service manual for pos & neg direction and the (+) stamped on one terminal) I read OL on the meter, if I reverse and put the Neg lead on the (+) stamped terminal I get 523 on the meter, so this is backwards from what the video shows, I've attached photos of my new Diodes

DIode +.jpg

Diode.jpg
Old 11-17-2013, 03:50 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Those diodes are functioning as intended, that is not the problem.....and the hunt continues...
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 06:48 PM   #5
dewzer
Getting Wild

Ya know what, I just grabed that video out of the blue and even durring it I thought it wrong. The Pos should be the silver lined side. I am going to have to pull a book and check that. It has had me wondering for a while now.
Did you test the solenoid?
dewzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:29 PM   #6
Pa20297
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Yes the Solenoid is working. putting voltage to the small terminal, the solenoid clicks and there is continuity across wherwe there was none before the jumper, also with the Batts conected the voltage goes across the large lugs when the small ones are jumped. I did find the throttle sensor was not working according to the service manual so I have a new one coming don't know if that is my issue of the cart not running? guess I'll keep plugging along any other help is appreciated - Pete
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha