lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2014, 12:19 PM   #11
Chattybirds
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: LED Light Bar on Golf Carts!

So I went ahead and ordered this one... I'll let everyone knows how it turns out in a week or two

eBay item #. 251481649165
Chattybirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2014, 06:08 PM   #12
wish2fish
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chattybirds View Post
Hi, I just want to start a thread to discuss LED light bars and everyone's experience/opinion with them.

I bought a 18 watt LED light bar a few weeks ago and I LOVE it! it was about $30 off eBay, yes it was Chinese but it works fine and has good construction. I am thinking about getting a 120 watt light bar, but I just want to make sure my golf cart can handle 120 watts + 18 watts without the battery going dead.

Thanks!
can you share an item number for this light?
wish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:20 AM   #13
bigjohn141
Getting Wild

I got the 2 18w light bars mounted up yesterday on my 2000 Txt. I drilled out the front lower black cover where the 2 plastic rivets go to the metal supports. I was going to take a picture but it didn't happen, although I can say they look great and are really bright. I will get a pic in a bit.
bigjohn141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:24 AM   #14
wish2fish
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn141 View Post
I got the 2 18w light bars mounted up yesterday on my 2000 Txt. I drilled out the front lower black cover where the 2 plastic rivets go to the metal supports. I was going to take a picture but it didn't happen, although I can say they look great and are really bright. I will get a pic in a bit.
Where did you get yours?
Old 04-04-2014, 09:33 AM   #15
bigjohn141
Getting Wild

Amazon. Do a search for 18w led light bar and they are like $15 each right now. I wish I could afford the nice ones like the site sponsor sells but $300 for a light bar just isnt in the budget.

Oh and I am not sure how much power they draw so I wired the hot direct with a fuse and ran the ground through the key to switch them on, works quite well.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:13 AM   #16
wish2fish
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn141 View Post
Amazon. Do a search for 18w led light bar and they are like $15 each right now. I wish I could afford the nice ones like the site sponsor sells but $300 for a light bar just isnt in the budget.

Oh and I am not sure how much power they draw so I wired the hot direct with a fuse and ran the ground through the key to switch them on, works quite well.
like these?

agree about expenses. I just broke one of the halogens on my cart so I need to replace. Looking for something bright enough I can drive 3/10 mile in dark from friend house at camp.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:25 AM   #17
bigjohn141
Getting Wild

Yup that's it. Here is the pic of them mounted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (123.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-04-2014, 01:33 PM   #18
bigjohn141
Getting Wild

Here is another pic with the front cowl on. They sit just about perfect in my opinion.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (175.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-10-2014, 10:12 PM   #19
Chattybirds
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by wish2fish View Post
can you share an item number for this light?
Works great and a single is plenty bright for the camp ground and trail rides. But I want to light up the world so I bought a 9000 lumen one as well! I just got the big light and it is BRIGHT lights up my entire back yard (3/4 acre and then some)

eBay item for 18watt

Chattybirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:30 AM   #20
wish2fish
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chattybirds View Post
Works great and a single is plenty bright for the camp ground and trail rides. But I want to light up the world so I bought a 9000 lumen one as well! I just got the big light and it is BRIGHT lights up my entire back yard (3/4 acre and then some)

eBay item for 18watt

Yeah, I don't mind it when the sun goes down!

Tags
bar, china, led, lights, usa
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO