lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2014, 01:40 PM   #1
lspencer001
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default noise in right front wheel

hello. I have a 1998 yamaha G19E. lately I have noticed that while driving, either on the road or the grass, there is a clicking like noise coming from the right front wheel. I have noticed that the faster I go the louder and more it will do it. I replaced both front wheel bearings last year. it is only making the noise on the right side. thanks for any help.
lspencer001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2014, 03:08 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: noise in right front wheel

bearings need grease or replaced
Old 05-28-2014, 04:43 PM   #3
PAPABEAR1
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Agree with CTD , how many miles since last year , and or any abuse . And they usually need to be re torqued .And we are assuming they were packed properly when installed. Keep us in the know.
PAPABEAR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:22 PM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Since Yamaha's have sealed wheel bearings and you just changed them out last year, I would recommend you change the hub. Being aluminum, the area that the bearings are seated are probably worn past limits. It doesn't happen all the time, but in your case it's most likely the problem.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 08:24 AM   #5
lspencer001
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

ok thanks everyone. will check the hub and the bearings and let you all know what I find.
lspencer001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha