lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2014, 12:39 PM   #1
macadoe
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Yamaha G8E shuts down for few minutes.

I have a 1994 36v g8e. It has brand new batteries and most times runs great. It does have a 6in lift and 22in tires. We mainly use it at our campground which has some hilly roads. If you drive it pretty constant for about 20 minutes or so it will just stop moving. I push the pedal and nothing happens. The headlights will still come on but it just sits there. If I let it sit a few minutes it will go again. The only thing is after this happens I have to push the pedal further to get it to go and when it does engage it takes off according to how much pedal is pressed. I can't ease into throttle to make it crawl. The longer I let it sit the more it's like normal when I use it after this happens. Nothing is hot to the touch when this happens. I thought maybe it was the motor getting hot from the bigger wheels and hilly roads. Any ideas?
macadoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2014, 08:52 PM   #2
LarryLive
Gone Wild

Default Re: Yamaha G8E shuts down for few minutes.

I had the same problem with my G8 and I found the solinoid wire was in bad shape and when it got to hot it would just stop. Put a new one on it and it never happened again.
LarryLive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:36 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Also, headlights are on a totally different circuit and of little use for diagnosing running issues.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:37 AM   #4
macadoe
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Ok cool, I'll replace the solenoid wire and see what's up. I did replace all the wires when I bought the new batteries. Maybe it's defective. I did replace the solenoid wire with a 4 gauge wire, could that be a problem in itself? When the problem happens the solenoid doesn't engage when I press the pedal until it sits for a few. The solenoid is new also.

I only referred to the headlights because it seemed to have lost all power and pulling the switch for the lights was the first thing I did. I understand it's completely different.
macadoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:03 AM   #5
Bmb38
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Please post when you find the problem/solution. I have a 2007 Drive that does the exact same thing. I replaced all the wiring to the batteries, but not the solenoid.
Bmb38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha