lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2022, 11:00 AM   #1
BlackBadger
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2009 RXV 48V AC used motors?

Anyone have a used RXV motor? If not do youo know someone who might?
The ISKRA motor burnt...
Please and thanks and let anyone else know please?
BlackBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2022, 11:58 AM   #2
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2009 RXV 48V AC used motors?

Pretty rare to find... you can get a replacement motor (new) from Ezgo >

https://www.shopezgo.com/671143
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 06:53 AM   #3
cartdoc1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yep they are hard to find and expensive when you do. They are almost bullet proof. Are you having a problem with one ? The only thing that really fails on them is the bearing encoder on the older ones (2008-late 2011).

Where are you located? I think I have one from an early 2011 that will work. Shipping it won't be cheap, those suckers are heavy.
cartdoc1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 07:20 AM   #4
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

He said, motor burnt...
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 01:07 PM   #5
BlackBadger
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I am near Cincinnati- where are you located? Yes, the cart ran without the run plug and it was driven back home. I tried to put a garden hose on it low flow and it steamed and stunk like, well, a motor with smoked windings... I can buy a replacement from Mahle about a grand...
Old 05-15-2022, 01:24 PM   #6
BlackBadger
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Exclamation Re: 2009 RXV 48V AC used motors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartdoc1969 View Post
Yep they are hard to find and expensive when you do. They are almost bullet proof. Are you having a problem with one ? The only thing that really fails on them is the bearing encoder on the older ones (2008-late 2011).

Where are you located? I think I have one from an early 2011 that will work. Shipping it won't be cheap, those suckers are heavy.
I am going to have Lumbar spine surgery to fuse several vertabrae. Im not working right now so my sense of urgency is inversely related to my finances and the time crunch. Surgery was moved up a month. Thanks everyone for the fast responses. If anyone is within driving distance (500 miles) I would come and get it. Again- thanks everyone
Old 05-15-2022, 06:34 PM   #7
rngilliland
Gone Wild

The main reason I have seen for a very hot RXV motor is a dragging motor brake. If the brake drags, the brake and the motor will get very hot and smell just like burning wiring. From your description I think your problem is the motor brake instead of the motor.
rngilliland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 04:49 AM   #8
BlackBadger
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

i wish that were the case, and everyone says the same thing about the brake locking up. the motor is toasted. I had a shop check it out because I was praying that was it... Everyone tells me they have a pile of brakes and no motors because they are bulletproof...
Old 05-18-2022, 08:04 AM   #9
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBadger View Post
i wish that were the case, and everyone says the same thing about the brake locking up. the motor is toasted. I had a shop check it out because I was praying that was it... Everyone tells me they have a pile of brakes and no motors because they are bulletproof...
If you're replacing your motor I am in desperate need of a motor coupler for that Slovenian motor. I'd be happy to pay you cost and shipping, and really don't need the whole motor. If you could ship me just the armature with coupler out of your toasted Iskra you'd make me a happy boy.
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 09:53 AM   #10
drrogers
Not Yet Wild

I too am looking for a used motor for my EZGO rxv. Will be following this thread.
drrogers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2009, ezgo, rxv
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO