lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-07-2019, 06:33 PM   #9381
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Default Re: What did you do to/for your EZGO today?

Well I finished up some issues. I 99% finalized everything I dry fit over the weekend. I routed all wires through conduit and by pure luck my Auxbeam harness was the perfect length to run from the front to my battery bay. I wired my PC1200 Odyssey aux battery and mounted the tray (its not bolted down yet just held by a strap). I also wired up my battery tender to the aux 12v. I ran all my aux wires direct to the battery until I can get a Blueseas panel. I might also install a main on/off rocker switch. The cart body was thicker than I thought so the grommets I bought were too thin. I think I can use an auto firewall grommet instead. I was on a roll and it looked clean b/c I mistakenly also drilled too small a hole for the grommet by chance, so I went ahead and ran the conduit which was just smaller than the hole. I can pretty it up later when I do the finish work but its not too bad now. Running the conduit from battery bay to wheel well was super easy. There was an existing channel I could tuck it into along with the standard holes in the frame. My LED light bar harness relay was mounted on the pillar right next to the charger plug. The harness length was perfect and it comes both wired and remote control. The remote function has some nice flashing modes you can play with but I am so far very happy with the aux beam. I can finally take the wife and baby out for a ride tonight so they are happy. The big girls are not home so they will get a ride tomorrow. I'll post some equipment links in another dedicated thread later.

Battery tender

Conduit run

My no grommet hole hidden near the clays basket mount.

Strapped in PC1200

My LED light bar harness relay mounted in the existing hole on the pillar.
sigfla45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-07-2019, 07:27 PM   #9382
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

Looks good How many accessories are you running off your 12 volt battery? I mounted my 12 volt battery this weekend too. I ran all my wiring through a Blue sea fuse panel. I did run a battery disconnect switch so I can shut the power from my 12 volt battery. I have lighted rocker switches which I wanted to shut off during the day when they're not being used. I have the switch knob in the same place where my old F/R switch was. I ran my 12 volt outlet directly to the battery so I can use it even if the battery disconnect is off.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fuse panel 2.jpg (85.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg battery disconnect.jpg (63.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg battery disconnect 1.jpg (65.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 12 volt outlet.jpg (38.4 KB, 0 views)
70oldsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 07:43 PM   #9383
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Running the Auxbeam 20 inch led light bar, stereo (simple 2 dash mounted 6.5’s powered by head unit), 12v accessory plug that has a voltmeter in it so I can monitor the battery, and the headlight/turn signals. I love the pc1200 so far. It’s small and fairly light, 38lbs for the power and reserve capacity. I chose it in anticipation of a future winch. Should have plenty of power to do whatever I need. I run my roof mounted innovative leds off of an accessory yak power battery pack but I might change that now. The Xmas lights are simple long string remote controlled AA powered from amazon and are bright with many different modes. Very happy with them.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:51 PM   #9384
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Changed my radio antenna to one I bought from Amazon and mounted on my clays basket vs the one that was sitting behind my dash. The antenna came with a nice grommet and I used some conduit to pretty it up a bit. I also cleaned up some of my ugly wiring from my Carts Unlimited DVM install. I wish now that I had bucked up and installed it in my dash. I have taken my shock cover plate off now 2 times and I am not reinstalling it until I am 100% I am not going behind the dash for anything again. Late last night I couldn't sleep so I decided to install my new 2g motor wires. That was a pain only bc of the factory loom and zip ties. I ended up taking the loom out and running the wires through the factory loops.

I am starting to think that anyone who is willing to sell a nicely prepped rolling chassis could make a few bucks selling them to those of us who want it done our way... Just give me a nicely painted or powder coated rolling frame with a wiring harness and I feel like I can build my own right now.

Old 01-12-2019, 09:03 PM   #9385
sigfla45
Gone Wild

I rewired my stereo correctly HUGE difference in sound. The guy I bought the cart from had it wired with what looked like electrical wire. I am not sure but it was super stiff silver colored red/black and white/brown wire. The 2 front only speakers were wired front left was wired rear right and front right was wired front left. I rewired them correctly Front Right and Left with decent speaker wire and I suddenly have a system. The bass sounds much much better and everything is in phase. Big difference, I am super glad I took it apart to look in anticipation of adding a subwoofer in the future. I almost left it bc I assumed my “off sound” was bc of my carbon fiber dash and it’s lack of rigidity.
Old 01-13-2019, 04:42 PM   #9386
albyneau
Not Yet Wild

Why, I joined this newly found and great community!
albyneau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 10:48 PM   #9387
jdavila99999
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by albyneau View Post
Why, I joined this newly found and great community!

[emoji1417][emoji1417][emoji1417][emoji1417][emoji1417][emoji1417][emoji1417][emoji1417][emoji1417][emoji1417][emoji1417][emoji1417][emoji1417][emoji1417]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jdavila99999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 04:55 AM   #9388
SHRINER
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Got my new tires and rims installed this weekend from Golf Cart Tire Supply.
(before and after photos)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0531.JPG (548.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0536.JPG (694.4 KB, 0 views)
SHRINER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 12:29 PM   #9389
jdavila99999
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHRINER View Post
Got my new tires and rims installed this weekend from Golf Cart Tire Supply.

(before and after photos)

Looking good
What a difference!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jdavila99999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 01:43 PM   #9390
FF Titus
Gone Wild

Got tired of waiting on Ezgo coming up with a solution for an LED ST Headight, so I took their own product and combined the two.
IMG_2594.JPG
FF Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO