lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2014, 01:13 PM   #1
luigi_maio
Not Yet Wild

Default Lack of power

Hi everyone. I have a 1988 Ez Go Marathon gas golf cart which is a GX440. Now for some reason when the choke cable is all the way in after it warms up the cart has almost no power. However, when I pull the choke about halfway and hold it there it runs fine but as soon as i let it go and it goes back in it will die out again. I tried cleaning out the carb, replaced all the fuel lines and put a new fuel filter on and still the same. On top of the carb theres this wire that goes from the carb to behind the Forward/reverse housing under the seat which then goes down to the wire that bends when you hit the gas. Is that supposed to move or be stationary because whenever i hit the gas it does not move but i can move the knob on top of the carb. Also, I don't know if this is normal or not but it seems to go a bit faster in reverse than forward. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
luigi_maio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-28-2014, 08:31 AM   #2
Lumpy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lack of power

This wire you are talking about, is it the throttle cable? I am just learning myself and what I found out was that the throttle lever should be spring loaded so that it snaps open when the cable is removed. My spring wasn't hooked up so the throttle was not opening when I stepped on the gas but I could move the lever by hand. But might also be your governor but I cannot offer any info on that as my governor was removed by the prior owner.

I also read somewhere that faster speed in reverse could indicate ring/piston wear. The wear is worse in forward because that is mainly how the cart is operated.

Hope something here helps. If I got anything wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me. Like I said, I am just learning myself.
Lumpy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1988, ezgo, gas, marathon
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO