lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2015, 09:02 PM   #51
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent 48v with 12v batteries

Funny thing the one battery isn't the trouble but using the stock charger utilizing the OBC and it.not being able to charge that battery fully, also may be that you use your lights lots and that battery even if chagred fully in theory should not last as long as the rest of the pack.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-05-2015, 09:06 PM   #52
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Also I mounted the 30amp reducer under the cover between the batteries towards the front, next to the OBC.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 09:06 PM   #53
rib33024

travis_slim, sorry about the mess in your thread. And yes the best way to run your accessories is off a converter or a separate 12 battery. When you use 1 12v battery in the pack, or 2 -- 6v batteries to get 12 volts. Your pulling those batteries down more than the other batteries. And when you charge your battery pack, the batteries that are not running the accessories are getting to a full charge before the ones that are running your accessories. While these batteries that are not hooked to the accessories are at full charge, and the accessories batteries are not. So while the accessories batteries are trying to get to a full charge, the other batteries are being over charged and shorting there life. Trojan battery tells you not to run your accessories off a couple batteries in your pack
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 09:36 PM   #54
RamV
Getting Wild

I have 2005 cc and hooked up a light kit without a reducer. Would that cause my batteries to drain faster. I dont remember the video saying i had too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RamV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 09:57 PM   #55
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamV View Post
I have 2005 cc and hooked up a light kit without a reducer. Would that cause my batteries to drain faster. I dont remember the video saying i had too

Yes it will; seems this has been discussed a lot lately... While you don't have to use a reducer if you use the lights a lot then absolutely yes you should... BTW have you checked your per battery voltage and overall pack voltage with a meter as suggested to you yesterday? You keep asking questions about why you battery life seems short but until you report back what your battery voltage is its really hard for anyone to help as that is where it all starts.... Battery voltage is the first thing you need to be checking....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 11:33 PM   #56
RamV
Getting Wild

Working on that , going to buy digital meter tomorrow.

RamV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 10:51 AM   #57
ZZTOP
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpres View Post
My 2014 CC with factory lights has a 48v to 12v converter factory installed.
I had a CC with a factory converter, worked great

travis_slim, Did you ever get you cart fixed up
ZZTOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 01:53 AM   #58
hondo434
Not Yet Wild

Stang99, I have 4 12 volt batteries, I have one wire that was on neg terminal of 8 volt system, I'm trying to get lights going, how did you wire 2015 club car. Pictures would help a lot.
hondo434 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
convertor, headlight, radio, reducer
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car