lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-26-2015, 11:07 AM   #1
nickybobby16
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Yamaha G29 Dash Layout????!!!!

Anyone out there have a custom dash layout for a Yamaha G29?? I am looking to install stereo and speakers in dash and looking for ideas. I have yet to find anything when Googling and looking at images. I have seen the Elite dashes but I have not seen one installed. If anyone has a picture of the Elite installed, please share.

Thanks,
Nicholas
nickybobby16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-19-2016, 09:52 PM   #2
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Default Re: Yamaha G29 Dash Layout????!!!!

The elite dash is the only custom style dash I have ever seen or the g29 and it's expensive. Most all setups available are overhead type stereos. Overhead is good for being up out of the rain or while washing the cart. The sky is the limit as to what can be done. It's an addiction no doubt.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 08:03 AM   #3
Cheesy
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Just starting to research this myself..... The Elite is very nice but very expensive as well! Over head is another option.... I did find the following that might help you out.....

Center inserts can be had for a reasonable price, but would require a little imagination when mounting speakers.....

An install can be seen at this thread....
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...nity-cart.html

Another option would be the Sentry Dash..... It's a little cheaper than the Elite dashes, and I would think the face plate could be cut/altered to adapt a stereo. Glove box openings could house speakers, as you would now have a center locking console.

http://customgolfcarsupply.squarespa...g-storage-dash
http://www.extremekartz.com/club-car.../#write_review

I will post any other ideas I may have, as I need to customize my dash as well.

Cheers, Cheesy!
Cheesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 09:36 AM   #4
nickybobby16
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Cheesy, Have you actually seen the custom golf cart supply dash installed on a YDR?I think they look pretty good and I like the finish of them but I have yet to see one installed. Same for the Elite. I worry that the Elite would be a little too bulky and too much going on. However, If the company would show them installed, I may take the leap and get one.....same for the CGCS dash. I am just really hesitant about making that big investment in a dash when I have no clue what it looks like installed! Thanks for the reply.
Old 01-27-2016, 06:44 PM   #5
Cheesy
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickybobby16 View Post
Cheesy, Have you actually seen the custom golf cart supply dash installed on a YDR?I think they look pretty good and I like the finish of them but I have yet to see one installed. Same for the Elite. I worry that the Elite would be a little too bulky and too much going on. However, If the company would show them installed, I may take the leap and get one.....same for the CGCS dash. I am just really hesitant about making that big investment in a dash when I have no clue what it looks like installed! Thanks for the reply.
No, Sorry. I have not seen either installed, so can not comment much. Just researching and came across them, so thought I would share. I most likely won't order anything until the Canadian dollar gets better

I'm in need of 2 lifts, and a set of fender flares, and seen your ads. But with the dollar the way it is right now, it ruins any decent deals from across the pond.
Cheesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 07:55 PM   #6
nickybobby16
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

That sucks for both of us! Reach out to me if things get better. Maybe I will still have them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-27-2017, 05:48 PM   #7
PapaBaker
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickybobby16 View Post
Here are some picture I found of an elite dash installed in a Yamaha. This isnt my cart but I ordered the elite dash for my G29. Its suppose to arrive today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg elite dash.jpg (112.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg elite dash2.jpg (87.2 KB, 0 views)
PapaBaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, electrical, stereo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center