lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart News and Events > Events and Places to ride
Events and Places to ride Please add your events to this forum so people know where the action is!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-30-2015, 08:55 PM   #1
cphilip
Getting Wild

Default Myrtle Beach... is it worth dragging it down?

Going down tomorrow to spend the new year. Taking the Grandson. Staying at Sea Mist. Is it worth dragging the Golf cart on down there to ride around? Just going for three days. They say they have a secure trailer yard we can use. Just wondering if ill get enough use of it in that area of MB? Its on South Ocean blvd so I think its a legal street to use it on without a problem.

What say you?
cphilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-30-2015, 11:09 PM   #2
stephensimmons
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Myrtle Beach... is it worth dragging it down?

I was in Myrtle Beach last 4th of July and they were everywhere! So many I had to buy me one so when I go this year. There was even a 4th of July parade where I was that you dressed your cart up and showed it off.
stephensimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 11:37 PM   #3
cphilip
Getting Wild

I wonder if there is power for charging available at Sea Mist? I forgot to ask that.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:12 AM   #4
cphilip
Getting Wild

I didn't take it mostly due to the weather being so cold and rainy so I just decided to do a little scouting. It does appear a useful tool on Ocean Blvd. Lots of rental places on Kings ave/Business 17 so I know they are popular. I just did not see any dedicated place to park them and charge them at that particular place. If there is something Id like to know. It would appear there is a need for charge stations or secure parking in some of those resorts but I don't know if anyone is catering to the Golf Cart crowd. I suppose I could ask a nearby rental place if they might provide that service. You know... parking and hook up for each night. Or some other such thing. Ill have to do some more discussion with the hotel itself. They said they had a trailer parking yard. Maybe it doubles as parking for carts? Maybe has power?
Old 01-05-2016, 01:45 PM   #5
stephensimmons
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I stayed at a campsite when I went and had all of that so I can help you out on power/security. But they are very popular there.
stephensimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 02:29 PM   #6
carolinasled
Dum Spiro Spero

We go to Ocean Lakes camping a lot. They are the best way to get around in my opinion. Now pirate land or lakewood will not allow personal carts. We have taken ours from Surf Side to Garden City on Multiple Trips and All around the camp ground. Here is what ocean lakes looks like on hot summer saturday nights cruising golf carts. Go to about the 7 or 8 minute mark of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l7OTT4dNn0
carolinasled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 01:39 PM   #7
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Myrtle Beach... is it worth dragging it down?

If your headed to OCL this summer call them. They have changed their cart rules. I'm friends with the cart manager he sends me all the e mails on carts.

The Teammates at Ocean Lakes Golf Car Sales and Rentals would like to thank you for your patronage and update you on the changes to our Golf Car Registration Requirements. We cannot issue a golf car registration sticker unless you provide us with all 4 items listed below.

REQUIREMENTS FOR 2016: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

To register your golf car, you must provide us with ALL of the following items:

1. Proof of current liability Insurance. We do not keep your insurance information on file.
(The golf car must be specifically listed on the policy or card. Examples: Insurance Card, Policy Declaration Page, or a form from your insurance agent. This can be either on paper or on your smartphone.)

2. Completed Golf Car Registration Form signed by the golf car owner.
(This form is available on our web site.)

3. NEW FOR 2016: Documentation of which site number you are staying at.
(Examples: Paid receipt for express parking passes, paid receipt for campsite fees or OLP house rental. This can be either on paper or on your smartphone.)

4. Payment of $25.00 per sticker.

We are NOT mailing out any stickers this year. If you are not picking up your own sticker, you must list the name of the person who is authorized to pick up the sticker on your behalf. The person picking up the sticker must show their valid driver's license.

Online Registration is available on our website
www.oceanlakesgolfcars.com OR www.shopolgc.com along with helpful instructions and information to assist you with registering your personal golf car.

STILL HAVE QUESTIONS OR NEED ASSISTANCE GETTING A REGISTRATION FORM?
Give us a call or send us an email.

To ensure that you get the most up-to-date information, please call the Golf Car Office directly.
If you are on a call with Camping or Properties Reservations, be sure to ask to be transferred to us.

PHONE: (843) 238-8841
EMAIL: golfcars@oceanlakes.com
FAX: (843) 828-4815

www.oceanlakesgolfcars.com OR www.shopolgc.com
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 06:19 AM   #8
02oilburner
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinasled View Post
We go to Ocean Lakes camping a lot. They are the best way to get around in my opinion. Now pirate land or lakewood will not allow personal carts. We have taken ours from Surf Side to Garden City on Multiple Trips and All around the camp ground. Here is what ocean lakes looks like on hot summer saturday nights cruising golf carts. Go to about the 7 or 8 minute mark of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l7OTT4dNn0
That is crazy packed!! Looks fun though. When is it a little slower down there? That resort is HUGE!
02oilburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 02:50 PM   #9
69Stang
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I've been to Pirateland, Lakewood and in Jun we went to Ocean Lakes. Never took a golf cart though. There are so many golf carts it's actually kind of annoying. They have cracked down on kids driving them though, which has helped. You'd probably have to go when schools in to avoid the big crowds.

I wasn't aware you couldn't take a personal golf cart to Pirateland and Lakewood. That's good to know since we want to go back with our cart now.
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 04:07 PM   #10
joe58
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Ocean lakes doesn't allow gas :(
joe58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart News and Events > Events and Places to ride