lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2016, 03:43 PM   #1
MotoJames
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZGO marathon Engine torn apart removal

I have a 1993 EZGO marathon with a busted engine that I sawed apart because it wouldn't slide off properly, but now I'm down to this one last bit that won't budge. My question is, how do I get the rest off the shaft? (I've made sure not to destroy anything important)

Also, once I get it off, I was wondering if this would fit the splined shaft: https://www.denniskirk.com/parts-unl...rd/0872911.sku
MotoJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2016, 10:00 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO marathon Engine torn apart removal

you used the term "ENGINE" which is internal combustion.....but the rest of your post sounds like you are trying to get a electric MOTOR off the input shaft. YET the link you posted is for a sprocket. this is very confusing as to what you have and what are you are attempting to do. we need more info and some pictures of what you have and what you are trying to do.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 06:09 PM   #3
MotoJames
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
you used the term "ENGINE" which is internal combustion.....but the rest of your post sounds like you are trying to get a electric MOTOR off the input shaft. YET the link you posted is for a sprocket. this is very confusing as to what you have and what are you are attempting to do. we need more info and some pictures of what you have and what you are trying to do.

Sorry. My 1993 EZGO marathon has an electric motor in it, that is busted, and it wouldn't budge even with every thing unbolted, so I took a grinder to it and cut it apart until I reached the piece shown in the following images. The sprocket shown in the link is what I was wondering if it were to fit the shaft once all the motor bits are removed. My main question is how do I remove the last bit shown in the images? It won't budge no matter what. Reason behind me doing all this, is I'm installing a Honda gas engine in place of the electric.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Snapchat-7385932402166068626.jpg (192.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Snapchat-5275115858140396114.jpg (192.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Snapchat-6383411174377130146.jpg (195.0 KB, 0 views)
MotoJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 06:08 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

well can't tell you of that sprocket will fit....for the simple fact it doesn't give you any info on the spline size (number of teeth/o.d.) it only gives you the number of sprocket teeth.

as far as getting your motor apart.....obviously the motor is stuck to the input shaft. good luck there.....considering the spline coupling is shrunk fit onto the input shaft.

not sure if there is enough room, but if you can manage to get the retainer snap ring out that holds the input shaft bearing/shaft in....then pull the whole thing out and then work on in the separate them.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1993, ezgo, marathon
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO