lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2017, 05:37 PM   #1
lsujay
Not Yet Wild

Default Zone Cart Powers Up but Doesn't Move

I have an issue with my Zone cart and wondering if anyone has had before. I was driving the cart on the side of a pond at a RV park over the 4th of July holiday and hit a hole that I did not see going with a little speed and now the cart comes on, but does not move. I assume it's a loose wire or disconnected wire, but haven't been able to wiggle anything to get it going just yet.

Where do I start in trying to find the problem? I was able to charge the cart (it was all still working before the recharge) and everything works except it does not move when I push the pedal. I hear the click when the pedal is pushed, so it seems the switch is working for the pedal to send the signal.

Thanks for any help.
lsujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2017, 07:15 PM   #2
lsujay
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Zone Cart Powers Up but Doesn't Move

I found that the LED on the 1268 Curtis controller flashes the code 2,4 - Main Contactor Held Low - Main Contactor Missing or Wire to Coil Open.

Anyone know the location of the coil on the NEV-48 2010 Zone cart?
lsujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:31 PM   #3
JATRUH78
Not Yet Wild
Star

Default Re: Zone Cart Powers Up but Doesn't Move

Check the wires to the motor. Usually the larger ones are loose if so the brushes have probably gone bad. Same issue mine was having Id tighten em up and then it would happen again, took motor apart and brush wires on inside of case were basically gone. Be sure to disconnect main positive and negative from battery pack before attempting to tighten. Also check the yellow wire going to the coil/solenoid near your controller, make sure its not corroded.
JATRUH78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay