lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart News and Events > Events and Places to ride
Events and Places to ride Please add your events to this forum so people know where the action is!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2019, 09:06 PM   #1
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Any interest in a Florida meet

Is there any interest.

I have been calling dragstrips here in Florida. Apparently the Lakeland one is closed. I have only been able to leave messages for Showtine in Clearwater.

I was thinking of a cart show contest. Where maybe some track people can judge the cars.

Anyone who wants to run the quarter, have at it. I thought what I remember was each contestant runs trails and those are used to calculate a handicap. (So if your twice as fast as me I'll start at the 8th mile mark. You go from the start. They also compare your times to make sure there was no sandbagging.)

I don't know they would let us use the track for free. So it might be a split cost.

Or does anyone else know of like a 4th of parade we can do a show at. Or and old abandoned area to use. Or another suggestion
Newbuggyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2019, 10:15 AM   #2
Gallachera89
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Any interest in a Florida meet

Well idk about drag racing but im up for some trail riding if we could find a place.. Im in cocoa and about 30mins out from orlando speed world to meet if anything
Gallachera89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 12:50 AM   #3
Newbuggyboy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallachera89 View Post
Well idk about drag racing but im up for some trail riding if we could find a place.. Im in cocoa and about 30mins out from orlando speed world to meet if anything
Doesn't seem to be much interest in anything. But who knows. We'll wait and see. The drag racing was just a reason to get together. My cart is neither fast, nor am I a racer.
Newbuggyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 06:42 AM   #4
badandyturbo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm interested.
badandyturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 07:18 AM   #5
Gallachera89
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbuggyboy View Post
Doesn't seem to be much interest in anything. But who knows. We'll wait and see. The drag racing was just a reason to get together. My cart is neither fast, nor am I a racer.
I mean if we have a lifted cart meet maybe we can do like a little trail ride? idk whats in the orlando area where we can just ride around
Old 05-31-2019, 12:55 PM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Should have a golf cart meet in canaveral groves. Bring your cart, winch, and the biggest mud tires you can fit. You'll need them!

The memories of the groves... I went out there quite a bit back when I lived in port-a-john
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 01:02 PM   #7
Gallachera89
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Should have a golf cart meet in canaveral groves. Bring your cart, winch, and the biggest mud tires you can fit. You'll need them!

The memories of the groves... I went out there quite a bit back when I lived in port-a-john
Go out there every weekend lol being i live at the front of Psj

Literally just took my cart out there Monday and was drinking beer at the creek
Old 05-31-2019, 07:42 PM   #8
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I used to live on holden rd, off of Fay just before the 95 bridge. A quick jolt over the bridge and I was right at where "fence line" ran into golfview. Or go the other way where portajohn pkwy went into a trail that cut over to pine st. Knew the area well, lot of fun back in the day. Haven't been back there in about 10 years but I doubt too much has changed.

Probably not too bad out there right now, if it's been as dry as it has here. We havent had a drop of rain in a couple weeks. But wet season is another story, dont know how far youd make it in a cart that time of year lol. My 4runner bit off more than it could chew on more than one occasion...
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 02:50 PM   #9
Gallachera89
Gone Wild

Club Car

Its pretty darn dry to be honest with you. And yah my mud truck has seen better days out there .I will say even back trails are kinda soft .. but I know all kinds of places to ride out here so I have alot of options lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190531_200527.jpg (140.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-02-2019, 05:45 AM   #10
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Drag Racing Golf Carts, we have been there and most of us will not go back there. A few years ago we were all in with the cart racing, we had the NGKRA (National Golf Kart Racing Association), it went down hill, then we had the IGKRA (International -----) it followed. We raced each other from Orlando to London (KY) and more, lots of Meets and lots of Racing. Thousands and Thousands of dollars was spent making really fast Golf Carts. Some carts were Semi-safe, some not so much. I took my cart to over 100MPH which was real STUPID even though it was Semi-Safe. I do not think any Golf Cart no matter how prepped should go over 50MPH too short and too narrow BUT that is only my opinion. You can try to get Local Strips to buy in but not much intererest there. Here's a picture of mine at Orlando Speed World, we were able to talk the owner to letting us run a couple times. I ran a 8.12 in the 1/8th but I never made a perfect pass,,,,,ever.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My wheelie.jpg (60.3 KB, 0 views)
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart News and Events > Events and Places to ride