lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2022, 08:15 AM   #31
hardhouseinc
Getting Wild

Default Re: Star EV carts are trash made with cheap metal. AVOID

progress
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo_2022-09-26_23-12-18.jpg (276.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg photo_2022-09-26_23-12-33.jpg (114.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg photo_2022-09-26_23-12-37.jpg (158.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg photo_2022-09-26_23-12-48.jpg (197.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg photo_2022-09-26_23-13-03.jpg (160.7 KB, 0 views)
hardhouseinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-26-2022, 08:17 AM   #32
hardhouseinc
Getting Wild

partial roller
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo_2022-09-26_23-16-14.jpg (206.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg photo_2022-09-26_23-16-18.jpg (161.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-09-2022, 07:45 AM   #33
hardhouseinc
Getting Wild

Has anyone ever done brakes on a Star EV 2+2 Mechanical Classic? I think mine is 2013.

As always, the ADVERTISED STAR parts are always marked up 2-3x

Im convinced by one I saw on ebay this axle is from a Yamaha cart.

ALSO, my cart DOES NOT have the XQ motor all these carts are advertised for the parts.

My motor is exactly like a Club Car Precedent with a slightly different output shaft, shorter. If you look at the XQ motor it is totally different and not the same end cap the shaft presses into or the same brushes. SO, what was this place doing? Rando crap just slapped together?

The parts prices for STAR carts is STUPID. Its a total scam. They just used another brands parts in their stuff. So far My motor is similar to Club Car Precedent. Axle looks Yamaha. The brake assembly looks identical Im tempted to buy a set just to see to show you can save 125 plus on brakes.

Star EV parts sales are a scam. I even found another part today for 50% off compared to these jackass dealers ripping people off.
Old 10-09-2022, 10:59 AM   #34
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Everything is built with a certain life expectancy. Companies would go out of business if nothing had to be replaced. In the old days everything was repairable, now we live in a throw away world because everything is made cheap so you have to replace it. Too bad shipping to Guam would be so expensive. I just bought a new frame for $825 U.S. and it saved a lot of headaches and time fabricating.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 12:03 PM   #35
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

I do admire your dedication and perseverance to rebuilding this POS, but to what end? You realize you will have to drive it for a couple of decades at least to get your materials and hours out of it.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 01:42 PM   #36
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

The truth about almost all of the Chinese carts is that they copied EZGO, Club Car and Yamaha designs, but not necessarily closely enough for those branded parts to fit and work. I don't know if their metallurgy is that much worse than old EZGOs, but keep in mind that frame spent some time shipping by boat. Can't have helped any.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 03:05 PM   #37
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

The only thing I like about a Star cart is the shape of their plastic rear bumper. EZGO should have done this with their 4 seat carts.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 09:54 PM   #38
mlj427
Gone Wild

And any cart that has been in the ocean and had rust when you bought it is going to be problems.
mlj427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 03:34 AM   #39
hardhouseinc
Getting Wild

Im just saying that WHY pay the 3x part prices when other identical parts are out there.

I know for a fact this one did not use the XQ motor you see parts it identifies it for.
Ive seen the exact same axle for a Yamaha cart
Ive seen the exact same Yamaha brake assembly so Im convinced this is a Yamaha axle.

Im pretty sure they just took their own frame and put random parts on here from China and other carts.

I have way way way less than even $500 in parts into this so far if that. The majority is paint. Ive got 75% of the metal for free.
My labor is well, Im not doing anything else 3 or 4 hours here and there.

Frame is done, painted ready.
Just finished the floor and pedals are back on

Now Im just stuck waiting for dust covers for the brake plate over the cables
Im 90% sure its the same Yamaha part Ill bet your paycheck on it LOL

When it arrives Ill prove it.
Im going to take a photo of the brake assembly when I clean out the inside then you can compare it to the Yamaha part I found Im sure is right.

The main point here is that these Star dealers have parts and charge 2-3x for them for retail of other stuff like Yamaha and Club Car or EZ go. its a parts markup scam and its avoidable. IDK why some of you dont get that. SURE parts wear out. WHY would you pay 150 for breaks when you can get them for half. Its just a scam for these dealers and some of you seem happy to pay them off when cheaper identical parts are there that they stole off other carts and say OH ITS STAR.

Like the lighting its all china popped parts they made to make expensive replacements.

So far Ive been able to get around 80% of it using yamaha and club car parts

This motor too, its not the advertised motor I can prove that its pretty much the same as my club car looks nothing like the XQ motor you are suppose to get parts for and if you get those direct from china its 1/4 the dealer prices. SCAMS!!!!
Old 10-10-2022, 03:35 AM   #40
hardhouseinc
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
I do admire your dedication and perseverance to rebuilding this POS, but to what end? You realize you will have to drive it for a couple of decades at least to get your materials and hours out of it.
It has a solid motor and controller if it all works when it goes back together.
Axle is solid
front end solid
its all the BS crap they used that fallen apart

Frame is SOLID its 100% no rust and painted with undercoating.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay