lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2022, 10:05 AM   #1
Golfcart21
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000 Ezgo Txt PDS Will Not Run

Good morning,

First off, I know my pack voltage is low, but I also did these tests a few nights before when I had 37 volts on the batteries. I just wanted to get the voltages recorded so I could see it on paper.

I have a 2000 EZGO Txt PDS. I purchased this with a snapped axle on the rear end. I installed a new rear end and swapped the electric motor onto the new housing. The previous owner said it ran great and it just needed a new axle. I put it all back together and the cart will not move. I put the charger on it and got the batteries up to 37 volts in an hour and I was anxious to try it. The cart did not move. I then smelled burning. I also heard a “pop” & “sizzle” from the controller solenoid area. I looked and saw smoke coming from the J1 plug. I assume the controller is bad. I purchased this cart to flip and sell, so I need to be careful with spending money on parts that won’t fix the issue. I went through all the forums and did all my voltage checks. SEE THE ATTACHED PHOTO FOR ALL THE VOLTAGES.

1) The solenoid WILL NOT click
2) The reed switch was removed from previous owner and has the jumper wire and has full voltage.
3) J1 pin 6 has B+ voltage at all times, nothing changes when you press the pedal
4) If I jump a wire from the negative post to the blue wire post on the solenoid, it will click.
5) The solenoid has continuity on the large posts without the pedal pressed. (I assume that needs replaced)
6) Solenoid has voltage on both small posts but NOT ACROSS the posts with the pedal pushed
7) The key switch tested how it should, voltage to the switch and then voltage terminals when the key is turned on
F/R switch tested how it should, voltage to main terminal, then voltage to each position when the switch is placed in the corresponding position.
9) The pedal micro switch completes the continuity test once the pedal is pressed down.
10) The ITS white wire has 13.8 volts constantly.
11) The ITS Black wire goes from 0.8 volts to 2.7 volts when the pedal is pressed.

See my voltages in the picture attached. I put down in the notes how I have the cart set up.

I feel like maybe the solenoid needs replaced, but I didn’t know if there is still something in the activations circuit that needs replaced since I can jump the negative wire and get the solenoid to click. But I also didn’t think the solenoid should have continuity between the two large terminals with the pedal not pressed. It has full voltage on both large terminals when without pressing the pedal.

But then again, i think the controller is probably bad too.

I am also open to discuss over the phone if someone is interested. 330-407-6233.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EZGO PDS Voltages.jpg (134.5 KB, 0 views)
Golfcart21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2022, 08:16 PM   #2
SolarRat
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2000 Ezgo Txt PDS Will Not Run

You have voltage on both large terminals because there is a resistor connecting the two. Use a good meter and you'll see a slight difference, like 37.50 vs 37.70. It hides right under the solenoid and is there to pre-charge the caps in the controller. I'll look at the schematic tomorrow, but from what I remember everything on that PDS goes through the controller...your solenoid is probably fine.
SolarRat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
controller, ezgo, pds
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO