lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2023, 02:53 PM   #1
DW13
Not Yet Wild

Cool Cart Info Please

So....I picked this cart up the other day with the intensions of restoring back to new condition. I am having a hard time locating a service parts manual. I know its a 1992 Marathon but the regular 1992 Marathon parts manual does not list any body parts (which I need) for this cart. The serial # is 694521 and the model # is G0392. Ant info would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ezgo Stretch Cart.jpg (178.0 KB, 0 views)
DW13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2023, 03:03 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Cart Info Please

You will have a hard time finding body parts for that cart so may as well swap it over to the newer txt plastic ones. Here is the manual for a 2003 txt

https://www.ransomesjacobsen.com/img.../28789-g01.pdf
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 03:24 PM   #3
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'm afraid you're not going to find much in the way of new body parts for that cart. While there are lots of Marathons still out there, they've been out of production about 30 years. The plastic nose & tail covers are still available aftermarket, but my experience with them was bad looking poor fitting parts. Ended up refinishing the original parts on the cart. The original style rubber molding at the cowl is no longer produced. Some on here have had some luck gluing on some automotive weatherstrip in its place.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 03:27 PM   #4
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
You will have a hard time finding body parts for that cart so may as well swap it over to the newer txt plastic ones. Here is the manual for a 2003 txt

https://www.ransomesjacobsen.com/img.../28789-g01.pdf
If the cart was a Medalist it would be a easy swap to a TXT body. I've seen it done with a Marathon chassis, but it requires a fair bit of fabrication.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 04:08 PM   #5
DW13
Not Yet Wild

Excellent ideas......thank you all for the replies.
DW13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 09:38 AM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
If the cart was a Medalist it would be a easy swap to a TXT body. I've seen it done with a Marathon chassis, but it requires a fair bit of fabrication.
Good point. It definitely will need some mods
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo, marathon
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO