lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2013, 11:22 AM   #1
scotch69ca
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default G22 Charger on a G29 Drive

Ok, I'm totally confused.

I bought a 2007 Yamaha Drive G29 48V electric cart and haven't had a chance to use it yet, but over the course of the winter I would plug it in occasionally to keep the batteries topped up. During these chargings, I hadn't noticed that the charger (48V as well) has the two prong, rectangle plug used for the G22 models (from what I have found on line) and the receptacle on the cart is the standard G29 3 prong. To top it all off, the cover plate for the receptacle is meant for the G22 as well, so the charger plug is the only plug that will fit in it.
So, the G29 has 3 prongs (positive, negative and one that goes the "Charger Data Receive" (according to the manual) and the G22 charger has 2 prongs (positive and negative) AAANNNDD still fits in the receptacle and seems to be charging just fine.
I had looked at buying the right charger, but they're $300-$400 from what I've found and even to switch the receptacle to the G22 receptacle is about $150.
Now, here's my questions, does this "Charger Data Receive" line from the receptacle need to be used or will it have negative affects on the batteries and can I just keep using this setup the way it is?

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1794.jpg (161.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1795.jpg (78.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1799.jpg (181.2 KB, 0 views)
scotch69ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2013, 11:27 AM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: G22 Charger on a G29 Drive

The set up you have will work fine. Remember, that is a fully automatic charger, you should leave it plugged in all the time your not useing your car.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:12 PM   #3
scotch69ca
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G22 Charger on a G29 Drive

Thanks smallblock450sl. I've just heard from a couple other source that confirm what you've said too. I appreciate the reply.
scotch69ca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charger, drive, g22, g29, receptacle
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha